PIR replacement

uksparky

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you help me ..i bought a solar surveillance i-cam from RENICART i didn't know after purchase the package was coming from China... so its up and running but it only records if i stick my hand in front of it during daylight... night time it works fine red and blue lights work.....the cost plus returning to China is a 50/50 chance they get it back and refund me... so i am thinking about having a go and pulling it apart to replace the PIR sensor, do you think that'
camera mounted.jpg

s a good start.. info below on unit. are all PIRs the same..
Thanks Glenn Smith....California

ID TY6GG7ZWJQ44CYNYCUHQ
Model x10 wifi
firmware version 216.0.5.46
vendor x101
Reply Reply All Forward

uksparky

n3wb
Reaction score
I pulled it apart and found the PIR it has three solder connections, so i re soldered it ...it has part number AWP 372 very small letters ...put it all back together, and its working again but its close to the wifi router inside house ....hoping its a bad connection somewhere..... will re mount today outside....inside house the motion detector works right away when its dark....daylight takes about ten to seconds to start....handbook stated 15...30...60 start ?

uksparky

n3wb
Reaction score
PIR part number is AM 312 not the above one...looks like its junk will not pick up wifi out of the house room or outside....barking up the wrong tree here could be some other part defect.....