play .bvr files from network drive win10

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sure this must be a windows 10 thing, but just can't seem to find the answer.

I have my stored folder on a network drive, and when I click on a .bvr file to play it back , it just comes up with a black display window in BI.

My New folder which is on a local HD plays back fine. When I copy the .bvr file to a local HD, it plays back fine in BI

I'm guessing it is some protection/security thing that Win10 has, but what do I need to do to allow play back of files on this network drive directly ?

I've done a search of the forum, but I'm guessing my search terms weren't right, so nothing found.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm sure this must be a windows 10 thing, but just can't seem to find the answer.

I have my stored folder on a network drive, and when I click on a .bvr file to play it back , it just comes up with a black display window in BI.

My New folder which is on a local HD plays back fine. When I copy the .bvr file to a local HD, it plays back fine in BI

I'm guessing it is some protection/security thing that Win10 has, but what do I need to do to allow play back of files on this network drive directly ?

I've done a search of the forum, but I'm guessing my search terms weren't right, so nothing found.
================

How large are the files which are stored on the network drive... when you copy them from network to local is the duration seconds or minutes? Are you waiting at least this long before considering the playback a failure.

If you can manually copy them back to your BI system without error message or other windows prompt, I doubt it is a security/protection issue that is the culprit.

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
================

How large are the files which are stored on the network drive... when you copy them from network to local is the duration seconds or minutes? Are you waiting at least this long before considering the playback a failure.

If you can manually copy them back to your BI system without error message or other windows prompt, I doubt it is a security/protection issue that is the culprit.
They are around 4Gb in size, and even the smaller files won't play until I copy them back to a local drive. Copying time is around a minute from memory.

When I was running under Windows 7, I never had this issue.

The error I am getting is
Unable to open file: 80000003

I assumed that it was some windows permission error or something.

Thanks for your help.