Playback on Windows

thobben

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i have a dahua starlight cam. when recording on sdcard is activated i can use the nice web-interface of the cam to playback recorded videos and jump exactly to the point where i want. there is also a nice timeline that display when motion was detected and video was recorderd.

but when i record to ftp i cannot use the webinterface with timeline anymore. is there another way to play the videos and to view the timeline?

Thanks

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

i have a dahua starlight cam. when recording on sdcard is activated i can use the nice web-interface of the cam to playback recorded videos and jump exactly to the point where i want. there is also a nice timeline that display when motion was detected and video was recorderd.

but when i record to ftp i cannot use the webinterface with timeline anymore. is there another way to play the videos and to view the timeline?

Thanks
Not that this is the fix, but try opening with legacy internet explorer, if your in Windows 10 using Microsoft edge. Open first in edge, then top right menu tab> open with internet explorer. Also, while in internet explorer, add the ip address to the explorer compatibility mode list- upper right menu tab> compatibility mode> click add and it should add active tab address to list. Close the menu and it should prompt for log in again. Might help!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

thobben

n3wb
Reaction score
live view works ... but playback shows only sd card and not ftp ... i made a screenshot. i tried also with chrome / ietab. is there a chance to make it work?

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
live view works ... but playback shows only sd card and not ftp ... i made a screenshot. i tried also with chrome / ietab. is there a chance to make it work?
You will have to go to the folder where the FTP pointed to. IE: where you set it to store the files.

thobben

n3wb
Reaction score
yes this works. i can use vlc and play back the files itself. but is it possible to use the web interface of the cam to play it back? i like the web interface because of the timeline, the calender ... its more convinient for me instead of chosing the video from a lot of files