Playback Software

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a couple of Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW which I reflashed to the Dahua firmware to make them something like the IPC-HDW4831EM. I have them configured to constantly write to a samba share on my server. On the samba share, I have .dav and .idx files that are written by the cameras.

I've used "Smartplayer" to view the files when needed, but the software is just OK. The biggest issue I have is trying to find events that the cameras have flagged as events. I can sit there and watch the video and see the tripwire lines flash when triggered, but I can't seem to find anything that will let me look at the entire video to see when the events happen.

Is there a search function within Smartplayer that I'm missing? It looks like SmartPSS may do this, but I don't think I can add the samba share as a device that I can 'search' for the events.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could try setting up DMSS phone app to receive push notifications when camera events occur. Then you would have a list in DMSS of all camera events.

n3wb
Reaction score
You could try setting up DMSS phone app to receive push notifications when camera events occur. Then you would have a list in DMSS of all camera events.
I end up sending an email message over to me when events occur. I ended up using this method to see the event. It would be nice to see a little 'spike' or something in the video timeline when there's an event that triggers.

My email method isn't perfect, but it works. I was just hoping that there may be a smarter way to do this.