Playing back motion detection event

Chris J LaBoda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 NVR and eight Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras.

I have video detection setup, highlighted an area, sensitivity 100 and threshold 5. When viewing the cameras directly from the NVR, HD15 jack I can see two small people figures displayed in the lower left corner of the picture when there is motion. For some reason this event is not being tagged and recorded for playback as a motion event.

What did I miss in the setup?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
you also have to go to storage, and in the schedule, make sure motion is also checked for each camera. Sometimes the settings do not stick and I have found I have to un check things, save it, then go back in and check it again and save it

Chris J LaBoda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you also have to go to storage, and in the schedule, make sure motion is also checked for each camera. Sometimes the settings do not stick and I have found I have to un check things, save it, then go back in and check it again and save it
Thanks, just did that and will see if that solves the problem.

Is it possible that the NVR is not compatible with the cameras? NVR is 4K and the cameras are 2K.

Chris J LaBoda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
c hris527

Problem solved, I looked at those menus and didn't have it set to record events.

Thank You Sir!

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, just did that and will see if that solves the problem.

Is it possible that the NVR is not compatible with the cameras? NVR is 4K and the cameras are 2K.
That's has never been a issue, you should be fine. Glad its working for you, one more thing, once you get everything set the way you want it, backup your config file to a network or thumb drive.
You should see something in your menus like import/ export, export it to a drive of your choice.
Sometimes they get messed up due to user error or sometimes the digital Goddess likes to play tricks on you.

Last edited: