Please HELP! DS-7732N-E4 BRICKED

jagomez26

n3wb
Reaction score
I have always exprienced issues with my nvr since i purchased it on ebay two years ago. To fix my issues i thought it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware so i loaded firmwarw from an (ni) model nvr from the browser. All seemed to go well until it rebooted and i got the illegal cn beeps.

Now i am stuck without an nvr and i cant seem to find hacked firmware anywhere. Ive been through this before with other nvrs as well as ip cameras. If anyone has firmware please let me know. Or if there is a way to hack the firmware please point me in the right direction.

The nvr model is a ds-7732n-e4

Thanks in advanced!!!

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi buddy where did you buy it from a UK seller as they should cover it. I presume as mentioned you got the doom of CN beeps. I haven't heard of hacked firmware for this NVR :(.

Jamil

Reaction score
Hi

Did anyone ever solve this? I have now run into the same issue - also with a DS-7732N-E4. I can get it up and running with Chinese firmware but it would be a lot easier to drive if the menus and web configuration were in English :)

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Jon

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You would have to go back to the vendor that sold you hacked units.

A common theme around here is "don't fix what isn't broke". We have lots of threads started here where someone tried to update the firmware and it bricked their unit. Some have been able to recover, but many do not.

You need to read the fine print and then also confirm from the vendor if it can be updated or not. Many vendors are now placing warnings, but many do not:

1614094187757.png

Reaction score
The unit came to me in this state.. I've no idea of the origins or the vendor .. my customer tried to update it themselves due to security concerns with the old firmware. Nobody knew it was Chinese until I investigated the beeping ....