Please help me log into a very stubborn Dahua DVR

paul92

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.

To cut a long story short, I am doing IT work for a shop in Cape Town, they wanted me to link their Dahua DH-DVR0804LE-AS to the internet, so they can view remotely. DVR cameras to the internet, so the owner can view when offsite.

First thing I did was I deleted the 666666 & 888888 accounts, as I didn't think they were needed.

The guy who set the cameras up didn't even bother changing the default admin password, so I had to change that.

However my issue is that I simply cannot log in via the web interface, and that would make camera viewing remotely impossible.

The password is correct, as I can log onto Admin on the physical box, and all logs in fine.

I have even taken the cover off the box, followed instructions by keeping DVR unplugged, plugging power in, then reconnecting power holding down the reset button inside, and nothing reset. Still the same password, and list of accounts for which I am able to log into none via the web interface. using the default root/wizxv login doesn't work.

My patience is really wearing thin, and hopefully someone here will advise me how to correctly log on, OR how to factory reset the box, so that I can correctly log in.

Thanks

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, to my knowledge: root/wizxv is NOT the "default" login combination.

But first things first, how are you, as "IT expert", linking this NVR to the internet? Opening some hocus pocus ports? Or adding a VPN layer for security, authentication and encryption? If the first, I suggest you do some reading and go the second way.

If you can logon with Admin on the physical box, create a new "Admin2" account, and watch the password strength indication. Keep in mind that with v2, additional password strengths have been enforced. So remote logging in might be disabled with a too simple password.

Happy camming!
CC

Anatoliy79

n3wb
Reaction score
1. Лучше пользоваться Smart PSS
2. Регистрация через P2P
3. Настройка лучше напрямую, через монитор
4. Система не дает удалить пользователя 888888, как у Вас это получилось?
5. Какая модель, версия, дата прошивки регистратора?
6. Локально можете войти в регистратор? (с мышкой и монитором). Если да, скиньте все на заводские настройки. Пароль тоже скинется. Поменяйте прошивку поновей.