Please help with remote access DS-2CD2042WD-I

Reaction score
Hello, sorry my english (I'm using google translator) My problem and the following have 10 DS-2CD2042WD-I running smoothly in LAN, the problem and the external network, I have done the ddns in hik online, but so can see the same camera, already opened doors already changed the doors, already tried everything but to no avail. if someone can make a step passes thank you very much because I am already more than two months trying unsuccessfully Thanks John Carlos (Brazil)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you can, setup a VPN to login to your home network while you are away. More safe and better solution than opening ports.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok some basic info would be good. Do you have basic knowledge about networks? Do you have a static public iP number? Do you have a router or something else that can act as a vpn server?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Reaction score
You have basic knowledge of networks? Yes

You have a public static IP number? No

Do you have a router or anything else that can act as a vpn server? It can be a pc? (I never worked with VPN)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure it can be a pc running a vpn server. So you will have to use a ddns service to be able to always reach your home pc or router that is running a vpn server. Google it and you will find plenty. The easiest solution would be still to have your router if it is capable to be running a vpn server. Don't confuse a private vpn server with a public one that you pay for to hide your ass while watching the food channel online

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No I believe that is to make a connection to an existing server. That is not what you want.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk