Please, recommend an outdoor camera with mic for low light conditions

Oso Polar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm looking for a recommendation for a reasonably priced outdoor camera with mic for low light conditions. Maximum distance to monitor is quite small - 50 ft max, probably less, so thinking about ~4 mm fixed lens camera. Also, the recording is performed to a remote location, so due to network bandwidth restrictions it'll be in 1080p resolution. I have previous experience with Hikvision cameras, so this will be my preference.

On the first sight it seems that Hikvision DS-2CD2326G2-IU or DS-2CD2026G2-IU will be perfect matches for my requirements - except for the fact that I can't find these cameras for sale anywhere at all!!! The 4MP "siblings", e.g. Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU seem to have smaller sensor together with higher resolution (worse low light performance?) and, again, I don't see 4 mm versions for sale anywhere in the US (only 2.8 mm). And all cameras from "ColorVu" series (e.g. DS-2CD2347G2-LU) due to their aperture have unusable focus distance for my conditions (4 mm, 3.5 m to ∞) - these 3.5 m min are non-starter, I need it to be MUCH shorter. And white light is a no go also.

Something should be available, shouldn't it? :-(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.