Poe camera time out on annke hybrid

jimthorley

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help as annke customer services suck. I have 4 cameras 3 bnc and 1 poe ptz camera on the dvr the bnc cameras are showing the correct time but the poe is 1 hour out and nothing seems to get it correct. The dvr is set to ntp time but obviously this camera is not using the dvr time have been through all the annke apps and nothing seems to sort this out anyone got any ideas? I'm sure the time in ntp is default as Google I'm in Scotland so have time saving for daylight hours but 3 cameras are correct except this poe camera thanks in advance for any help

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you opened the cam's webGUI to see how the date/time is configured?
Try unplugging the PTZ from the NVR for 30 seconds then plugging back in (reboot camera).

jimthorley

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony yeah I have unplugged it a few times and when it starts it's showing the right time for about 15 seconds then it changes to the wrong time ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Tony yeah I have unplugged it a few times and when it starts it's showing the right time for about 15 seconds then it changes to the wrong time ?
Have you opened the cam's webGUI to see how the date/time is configured?

Make & model of camera?

jimthorley

n3wb
Reaction score
Annke wz500 it's installed outside so hard to get to it. Annke told me to use a different app from theirs lifestyle? But it requires you to scan into the lens and if possible I'd rather find a fix before going to the hassle of borrowing ladders and stuff thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Annke wz500 it's installed outside so hard to get to it. Annke told me to use a different app from theirs lifestyle? But it requires you to scan into the lens and if possible I'd rather find a fix before going to the hassle of borrowing ladders and stuff thanks
By "opening the cam's webGUI" I mean connecting to the camera's embedded web server using a browser on a PC to configure the camera. The PC must be on the same network subnet as the camera.

You open Edge in IE (Internet Explorer) mode, put in the camera's IP address and hit <ENTER>.

If no joy try Pale Moon browser 32 bit.

jimthorley

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony I tried this connected to the camera on my PC by going into it's I.p address and changed the time setting but it keeps changing after 5 minutes back to the wrong time. I have turned off Internet time and still it does this. I even reset to factory settings and I heard the camera saying it was resetting and strangely on my PC when the camera changes its time it's showing on my PC that it's selected the wrong time zone. I CHANGE IT back as I synced to the PC time and sits there fine but after a few minutes it goes back to the wrong time zone all by itself as I I have turned off ntp. You think the camera may be faulty? Thanks again for your help

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The reason why I asked about using IE or Pale Moon 32 bit browsers is because sometimes the configurations changes one makes in the cam's embedded webGUI will not "stick" if either of those browsers is NOT used.:cool:

If you ARE using IE or PM 32 bit and you're still having clock sync issues after a hard reset it may be faulty or the cam's firmware has a bug.