Poe camera with 160 degree field of view?

nighwalker

n3wb
Reaction score
So I recently bought a ring 2 video doorbell for $70 just for shites and giggles. Of course the video quality compared to my other POE cameras Dahua is not so hot but the thing I like about it is it ultra wide 160° field of view. I think my POE cameras are 2.8 mm, so I’m wondering what is available in the POE style that has such a wide field of view. I know there are these 180° Cameras out there. I realize the triggering and stuff like that the 180 field of you is kind of crazy but it’s nice to have a few out of your front door that gets everything from basically the left and right side of your house. I have 2 dahua cameras in the front of the house now and both of them seem to miss sections of the front of my house.

my two cents on the ring – I think the interface is great and privacy concerns aside three dollars per month is not too bad for uploading video. I’m a pretty technical proficient dude but I have struggled to get my cameras to trigger properly and I have literally missed a theft in front of my house due to this. I’m running a synology Nas and their software. I can see the attraction for the not so technical uses and I think it’s hilariousHilarious that ring actually has a POE doorbell professional for around $400 or something ridiculous. I am actually tempted to send back the ring to and spend the $70 on a dedicated PIR microwave detector. Seems like in Colorado with the sun also trees moving around kids running in and out I just need to record everything all the time. I did actually get a nice video of the Apple Maps car going past my house the other day so at least I know it does work somewhat well when it wants to :)