PoE Doorbells with Wireless doorbell support

Reaction score
In my searching around today, I came across a listing that had a PoE powered doorbell and it listed a set of "Digital wireless doorbells" as compatible. Including some from Home Depot.

Stupid me closed the tab without thinking.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Alternatively, anything that could interface the button press to a standard alarm panel would be awesome, but I'm not seeing anything without modifications.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've modified VTOs from Dahua to fire an external relay but that does require modifying the doorbell, internally, and using an optocoupled relay. The VTOs I'm using are listed in my sig line and are both PoE. WiFi just doesn't cut it IMHO.

Reaction score
I've modified VTOs from Dahua to fire an external relay but that does require modifying the doorbell, internally, and using an optocoupled relay. The VTOs I'm using are listed in my sig line and are both PoE. WiFi just doesn't cut it IMHO.
I've seen your work (read that whole thread this afternoon)

WiFi doesn't cut it at all, but these seemed to have a 433MHz transmitter in them, and you could just get one of the replacement wireless battery chimes for it.

I have half a mind to take apart one of the doorbell buttons and see if I can squeeze it inside the case of the VTO.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That won't work. My original idea was to piggyback an SMD switch with the onboard switch. There's not enough room to even think about that hence the tape for an opto relay.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In my searching around today, I came across a listing that had a PoE powered doorbell and it listed a set of "Digital wireless doorbells" as compatible. Including some from Home Depot.

Stupid me closed the tab without thinking.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Alternatively, anything that could interface the button press to a standard alarm panel would be awesome, but I'm not seeing anything without modifications.
Its possible to hook up a video doorbell to an alarm panel, but its something that I have done as a custom built zone for an installation. So, someone like me, who works for an alarm company can do it. But since the electrical specifications are not generic across alarm panels, its not going to be something a consumer could by ready made.

Reaction score
Its possible to hook up a video doorbell to an alarm panel, but its something that I have done as a custom built zone for an installation. So, someone like me, who works for an alarm company can do it. But since the electrical specifications are not generic across alarm panels, its not going to be something a consumer could by ready made.

I've done alarm panel work. I've got a honeywell 128bpt at the house to interface with. Just gotta figure out the low level voltage logic.