POE switch

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys
I just bought from Andy at Empire 2 of the IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras ( more to come), 1 NVR5232-4ks2 and 2 of the PM3006FSN. (he did not have an 8 port POE switch ) My concern is how can I use 2 POE switch when the NVR has only 1 data port to connect to? Can these be piggybacked?

Thanks for your thoughts.

AndrewG

Last edited:

Frogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You really should consider an 8-port PoE switch. I bought a decent one on Amazon, and I have the very NVR of which you speak. I have 5 cams, with one more to be added this week. All is working well. My PoE switch is in the attic, and so I needed only one ethernet drop to the router. Your NVR plugs into your router, as will the 8-port switch (or the two switches you now have). Then the NVR can see all connected cameras on your LAN. If you need more router ports, you can add an ethernet switch to one of the router ports. The two switches you now have can probably be piggy backed. So the PoE switch(es) do not plug directly into the NVR, in any case, but instead plug into the router. Someone smarter and younger will correct me if I'm wrong. Don't forget, two PoE switches require two electric plugs for power.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks so much great explanation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk