Pooping in the playground

brianegge

Getting comfortable
Apr 27, 2020
Ridgefield, CT
Sunday afternoon stroll through the playground. He left quite the mess - even on the wall. Quite a shock for the preschool when they found it the next week. Before and after his business 10 other cameras picked him up during his stroll, giving more than enough to identify him.
View attachment office-nvr_ch18_20241006142532_20241006142826.mp4

Sunday afternoon stroll through the playground. He left quite the mess - even on the wall. Quite a shock for the preschool when they found it the next week. Before and after his business 10 other cameras picked him up during his stroll, giving more than enough to identify him.
View attachment 204693
They really should not leave Joe alone in a playground without secret service.

So, in a past life I worked for the Toronto Transit Commission, almost exclusively as a subway operator. I forget what year it was but it was before they had installed the surveillance camera system that they have now (mostly Bosch and/or Panasonic if I remember correctly) there was a serial shitter. In certain stations, geographically close together, passengers were reporting a man defecating on the subway platforms.

And one night at our break station, he struck. He must have wanted to get caught. This particular station platform was always swarming with employees going on/off shift and having their lunch breaks.

I'm sitting in a room just off the platform and someone yells "THERE'S THE FUCKER!". A bunch of us run to see what the commotion is about and there's some middle aged guy coming out of his squat and pulling up his pants. Right underneath him is his latest work...a MASSIVE pile of steaming turd.

He looks at us, gives us the finger and yells "FUCK THE TTC!". I mean, it's a sentiment that resinates with many Torontonians and especially TTC employees.

But we just stood there and stared. I mean, working in public transit you see a LOT of stuff. We'd all come across excrement whether it be from a dog or human but none of us had caught someone in the act. It was both fascinating and horrifying.

Thanks for the opportunity to retell this story as it hadn't crossed my mind in a few years. It's a great way to start my day. I'm not sure if it's the expresso that I'm drinking or the story, but my guts are already in motion for the morning!

I was hoping that the culprit was going to be a teenager, who could have then been gang pressed into some community service. Unfortunately, the Amcrest DVR used have doesn't record "intelligent alerts", just motion. Even if it did have AI, often at that range the person detection wouldn't trigger. I used dvr-scan to take a whole day of motion alert video and filter down to just motion in the region on interest. I then played the resulting clips through VLC at 4X. I had to go back four days, so this made the process slightly more efficient.

Reminds me of the NJ Pooperintendent.

I was hoping that the culprit was going to be a teenager, who could have then been gang pressed into some community service. Unfortunately, the Amcrest DVR used have doesn't record "intelligent alerts", just motion. Even if it did have AI, often at that range the person detection wouldn't trigger. I used dvr-scan to take a whole day of motion alert video and filter down to just motion in the region on interest. I then played the resulting clips through VLC at 4X. I had to go back four days, so this made the process slightly more efficient.

Reminds me of the NJ Pooperintendent.

Ok....I wasn't going to share this following story, but it now seems relevant to the thread.

Mass public transit rail services often have side-tracks or pocket-tracks (only one entrance or exit) where trains are parked with crews read to enter service should a delay, or large gap in service, occur during peak service hours. Logical when one considers that trains run on tracks and they can't pass one another.

The shifts which involve sitting on a side- or pocket-track are very senior shifts. I mean, unless the service is already a mess when the shift starts, one is guaranteed to be sitting on a nice, quiet parked train for at least a couple hours.

So, one day a yard worked found human feces AND toilet paper on a coupler between two cars of a train (Toronto runs 6 car trains on all but one subway line). Odd but was it was dealt with.

A few days later, again a Mr. Henky is found on a coupler, again, with a healthy dose of TP. The next occurence, a worker inadvertently (obviously) put his gloved hand in a turd when he was separating units of a train.

That's when the investigation started. Going back through the records, it became clear that these occurences had only happened to a train that was assigned to a pocket-track. And then matching crew records with trains, there was now a pattern of the same crew (2 person crews at the time) being assigned to the trains where the poo was found. And since on at least one occurence the train had not gone into service, only the assigned crew members would have been on said train.

But if a crew member needs off a train for a medical reason, including the use of the bathroom, it can be done by the crew member requesting to go to track level and to the nearest station, usually only a few yards away. It's a bit of a procedure but isn't uncommon and never questioned.

Now the yard workers are PISSED! And these are a tough bunch. Management had to ac or it may have ended like one of the brutual Mexican cartel videos making the rounds.

Knowing know the offender(s) are, management sets them up. The crew starts their shift, they move the train from the yard to the pocket-track as they do every day and sit there. A couple hours later, a chief supervisor makes his way to the train and starts inspecting the couplings between the cars of the train.

And he finds human feces with toilet paper. Busted.

The offending crew member admits to it and claims he has a medical condition. But of course that doesn't fly as this individual would have been the first person to take medical leave for such a condition, whether real or invented.

Disciplinary measure are taken and a personal apology was issued to the affected yard workers and the offender lived with all his body parts attached.

No explanation was ever really given and the offender was a bit of a social outcast for a bit. But since it's a 30 year to full pension job, no one can really hold a grudge that long.

Since the 6 car trains are made up to 3 2-car units (married pairs), the train is only uncoupled between the units save for heavy maintenance. Had my former coworker did the doodie on the couplers making up a married pair, he may have gone undetected for much, much longer. But defecating on a couple between units means that he exponentially increased the chances of getting caught as the trains are regularly "broken down" in units and rotated in direction and position in the 3-unit (6 car) train to account for wear on motors, wheels, etc.

It goes to show the twisted ways in which our mind worked.

People are twisted. Some moreso than others. I have a neighbour who says "The world is like a hand...5 fingers and they're all different". But some people are like those mutant 2nd mini-thumbs caused by cousins breeding.

I think those are all my public transit poop stories. Oh, there's one more which is a bit more comical when I was driving streetcars. But maybe that's for another day.

Last edited:
View attachment 204693
well this stinks