Possible firmware change?

Reaction score
Hey all,

This has been a very helpful forum, you have helped me get remote access to my PTZ using open VPN which was a huge win for me! Here comes another one for ya! The model of my PTZ camera is " Vikylin PTZ-4825-IS" Ip camera which a user here has noted that this appears to be a dahua cam possible model 49825. I was able to load the camera in the DMSS app and can view the feed but when trying to use the PTZ function it times out saying "Failed to acquire configuration". I want to use this app over the "danale" vikylin app because even when using open VPN the camera feed freezes time and time again. When i log into my online UI for the camera there is a PTZ section that ive tried to edit the "data control" to "software" but doesnt seem to effect the function through DMSS. Any ideas to try out? Ill post a few screen shots. Would it be possible to load a dahua firmware into the camera, maybe then it would work within the DMSS app? Thanks!

Here is the camera i purchased on amazon: PTZ1.jpg
Config1.jpg
users1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am the one that said it looked like the Dahua when I did a quick search of that model.

That camera is not the Dahua model, nor does that firmware look like the Dahua GUI, although it does look like an Amcrest which is made by Dahua.

I am surprised it isn't working in the Dahua app.

Since that looks like an Amcrest GUI, try the Amcrest version and see if the PTZ function will work.

Reaction score
I am the one that said it looked like the Dahua when I did a quick search of that model.

That camera is not the Dahua model, nor does that firmware look like the Dahua GUI, although it does look like an Amcrest which is made by Dahua.

I am surprised it isn't working in the Dahua app.

Since that looks like an Amcrest GUI, try the Amcrest version and see if the PTZ function will work.
That app works, full ptz functionality! Man you’re good! Thanks again!