Possibly Guy going thru mailboxes late at night - 3/2/21 ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Did not know if there was a way to Get the video capture from SD card with IVS rules attached so did a screen recording. :p

Thank you wittaj once again for this tip :p this is very helpful for understanding or making sense for me why it was stuck..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My first thought is that is way too many IVS rules. I have noticed with these cameras in general that even if it is capable of something (like 20 IVS rules and 30FPS) that just like a computer, we are maxing out the little CPU in these things and they bug out.

I too once had a lot of IVS rules and knocked it down to a few and it responds much better.

I think you would be much better served with one big intrusion block as almost all of these are getting the same AI or another IVS is getting the one missing from another IVS.

For example, 4 & 6 cover the same thing if they are one IVS.

Are you using any cams as spotter cams to move this PTZ to a certain preset? That may be better use to have it move to a preset and zoomed in a little tighter to be able to lock onto what you want.

The video you just posted could probably be fixed with either a darker image (less gain or brightness) or tilted down or up just a tad, or another camera calling a preset more zoomed on the road so that it isn't picking up stuff in the yards across the street and locking on it. When ever the camera has to position up/down or left/right to first start the track, that is when the mistracking can start as it locks on to something else, and if the CPU is maxed out, that slight pause could be why it didn't follow that car which should have been an easy follow. Mine is similar set-up except the road is a little further away and it tracks cars up to 30MPH without too much trouble. This one was slow enough it should have tracked.