Power outage mini-diasater

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not think a 45 minute power outage on a 107 degree day would cause all kinds of problems with Blue Iris and the Code AI.!! Yes I am on a Cyberpower 1500va battery backup.

When the power came back on, the Code AI did not work, the cameras were showing video feed but zero "triggers". Also the Uniview cameras all reset the date and time.
Also, Windows 10 gave a blue screen to "System Restore". Yikes
Code Project was "not running" and all the modules were gone. I tried to restart, but got repeated "Could not start (258) check path Code Project AI Service"... and also "server not found".
Local Host would not work. 127.0.0.1 was not reachable.
So I did the ipconfig/ flushdns and the netstat -ano -p tcp and it did not work. Checking windows Task Manager for Services showed Code Project but it was not running.
I uninstalled CP and did a reinstall, but all the same repeated, until I remembered that I forgot to also delete the C:/program data/Code project.
That worked and I was able to reinstall CP and the Local Host was reachable. When I installed the Yolov5 6.2 (for Graphics Card) it showed running, but would NOT trigger motion/alerts.
So.. I dumped that and installed Yolov5 NET. Happily it began detection of objects/vehicles. Then... BI quit displaying "live view" and would only show past clips. OMG
I had to go in and check all the settings, and reset the cameras and do a database rebuild, got a big "green screen" frozen images.. and finally do a full shutdown and reboot. Now it's back operational.

Just wondering why a basic power outage might cause such annoying issues? BI has been running flawlessly for over two years and I know we've had similar power outages (brief) which did
not screw things up.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have my battery backup on 1 BI system, to " shut Down" the PC, since a Maintenence tech will probably see it each morning....Yes I can lose recording. But I don't lose the stability of BI.
AND I don't think the battery backup coud not possibly power 20 cams, a Cisco 3650 Enterprise switch with an 1100 Watt PSU, and a router and a PC.....for more than like 60 seconds lol....
I don't work there anymore.
Last time I stopped in the LPR zoom was fucked with and the focus was jacked up and plates were not being captured. ( fucking retards)
and the C:\ drive had an over allocation error.....
I told them to read the help manual....

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have my battery backup on 1 BI system, to " shut Down" the PC, since a Maintenence tech will probably see it each morning....Yes I can lose recording. But I don't lose the stability of BI.
AND I don't think the battery backup coud not possibly power 20 cams, a Cisco 3650 Enterprise switch with an 1100 Watt PSU, and a router and a PC.....for more than like 60 seconds lol....
I don't work there anymore.
Last time I stopped in the LPR zoom was fucked with and the focus was jacked up and plates were not being captured. ( fucking retards)
and the C:\ drive had an over allocation error.....
I told them to read the help manual....
Yep my neighbor bought a Z12 for LPR several years ago and everytime we have an event and I see if he got the plate too, he had messed with the cam and focus was out of whack. Leave it alone lol.