problem getting NSC -2A4-PTZ camera to reset

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased a NSC camera from Nelly Security with a NVR NSN-604 NVR. I'm trying to figure out how to get my camera reset, so that I can put a new password in there. I may have typo'ed the password for the camera, and I just need to do a reset of the PTZ camera, and then get it to be set on the console of the NVR. I have looked around for how to do a camera reset, but haven't been able to get that. Any help would be appreciated.

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just purchased a NSC camera from Nelly Security with a NVR NSN-604 NVR.
What version of firmware is installed on your camera? If I am not mistaken, should it be available using the SADP Tool?

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
so a question about that. the POE interface for hte camera will only work with the POE ports on the NVR, right? I can't just plug the camera into a regular network. Do I need to be on the same subnet as the workstation running the sadp tool?

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so a question about that. the POE interface for hte camera will only work with the POE ports on the NVR, right? I can't just plug the camera into a regular network. Do I need to be on the same subnet as the workstation running the sadp tool?
Yes you need, otherwise you won’t be able to access the camera

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to make the NVR a bridge device to allow traffic from the normal network interface to access the POE ports (same subnet)? Or would ihave to get a POE switch that will allow me to extend the home network?

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
I wish that Nelly would have provided the 12v power cable for running camera independently from the POE ports. It looks like a fairly straightforward interface. I guess as another option, I can get that power cable.

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wish that Nelly would have provided the 12v power cable for running camera independently from the POE ports. It looks like a fairly straightforward interface. I guess as another option, I can get that power cable.
I think the POE ports in the NVR have one LAN. Therefore, you can connect the patchcord from the laptop to the POE port of the NVR, and thus find the camera using SADP.

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay I will try this...thanks saniaowner. I"m trying to get a computer now. I have 2 work computers (mac, windows) that both have strong secruity and always on VPN, so I can't seem to change the IP manually. My home computer is linux, which doesn't seem to have a client for sadp. I see that I could try install a virtualization layer on that server, but am trying to decide. I do have an old laptop that is windows, so I'm trying to see if I can get that booted up.

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, so I got the sadp connecting to the camera. I don't know the password. Do I have to include nelly, or hikvision to be able to get this camera password reset?

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get the password reset..and I'm good to go. There definitely a bit of security around if the password for the camera gets lost, which I guess is a good thing.

crmx28

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi spfrancis,

I have the same model I purchased Nelly's and I am having the same issue resetting the password. What process was successful for you?

Thanks,
Chris