Problem: Only current day's clips and alerts available to view

vandy013

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris set to keep 7 days of clips as "new", then move to "stored" for a month. And also to keep all alerts for 90 days.

This is how it is managing the actual files (i.e. browsing through Windows Explorer I can see the correct number of days data in the appropriate folders).

However, in Blue Iris itself, I can only see the current day. In the clip view (on the left), the calendar only has a red dot on the current day. And no matter what I try, I can't see anything but the current day's videos.

Any help? Thanks!

vandy013

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, however, after rebuilding the database, it only shows today's clips still.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
has it ever shown clips beyond 1 day? did you change the locations or folders of where the clip data gets written to recently? how much free space is on the drive(s)?

vandy013

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed to a new server several weeks ago. I don't remember if the issue is new or only since starting to use this new server. I probably just assumed everything was ok because the files were being created and moved properly, and I could view the current day just fine.

On the previous server, I know for sure I could look back just fine at previous days. Another change is that now the files are stored on a NAS rather than internal HDD. That change came with the new server too.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you are pulling up the calendar are you pulling it from the alerts, flagged, or all files? That will change which days have the red dots.

Please provide screen shots:
  • Blue iris status clip storage
  • Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, your archive folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)
Repair and regenerate are two different things. A regenerate will lose the "alerts" on the calendar for days prior to the regenerate.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
problem-solving-flow-chart.jpg
Yeah I'm on a new BI Pc as well. took awhile to balance the load to 2 HDD's so i was changing folders on a few cams and repairing the DB a few times.

vandy013

n3wb
Reaction score
I did "Repair DB" from the status window.

I have plenty of space.

I have tried clicking the calendar when viewing all clips, alerts, and flagged. I've also tried clicking on "selected camera only" and then selecting a live camera (and that shows the clips from that camera). No matter what is selected, only one day has any clips.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, head scratcher. It does look right. Not sure how NAS works in this, but for 7 days before it moves it should at least show those as red dots.

I guess since you won't lose anything at this point since you only have a day of it, stop BI and delete the DB folder and then open BI and it will rebuild the database from scratch and see if that then allows you to see red dots for today in 3 days from now.

vandy013

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that partly worked! I closed BI, deleted the db folder, re-opened BI, and then ran repair db again. Now all the recordings in new and stored are showing up. Still no alerts. But we're making progress! Thanks for your help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the old alerts will not show up with a DB delete and rebuild, but they should be there from this point forward!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, that partly worked! I closed BI, deleted the db folder, re-opened BI, and then ran repair db again. Now all the recordings in new and stored are showing up. Still no alerts. But we're making progress! Thanks for your help.
I would put alerts on C:\ I changed my Alerts on this new PC to go to the SSD. It populates the red dots much faster, YMMV, I have13TB of video and on 13 Cameras and about 19- 20 days of video. I don't currently use Stored.