Problem Opening UI3 on iPad and Samsung TV Browser

Exobytes

n3wb
Reaction score
All,

I am new to BI and so far I have been mightily impressed with the scope and power of the software. Yesterday, however, I started getting this message when I open UI3 in Safari on my iPad and in the browser on my Samsung TV:

upload_2018-10-12_8-51-51.png
Other browsers work fine, including Firefox and IE on my computer and Safari on my iPhone and, of course, it looks great from the BI console. I've tried emptying browser caches, restarting Safari and even the iPad itself, but the issue persists.

My confusion stems from the fact that both my iPad and TV browser worked fine for several days before this started happening. I haven't been able to find anything on the web about this so I thought I'd try this public forum.

Thank you for any insights!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I am the developer of UI3 and I have fixed the problem thanks to your report. It should be in the next Blue Iris update, whenever that is. Do not let Blue Iris auto-update if you don't like surprises like this!

In the meantime, you can install the UI3 update manually if you go here and follow the instructions under "Manual installation". bp2008/ui3

Exobytes

n3wb
Reaction score
It works! Thanks so much for the quick fix, it just serves to validate my decision to go with BI.

I will also look into undoing my auto-update setting.... :)

Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. I am the developer of UI3 and I have fixed the problem thanks to your report.
C'mon, Brian.....took you all of 47 minutes from time of issue report to the posted fix. You're slowing down, man. :rolleyes:
(I'm kidding, of course.....wish I could get a thousandth of that speed from DirecTV, AT&T, my electric co-op, my bank, etc. and etc. ad infinitum.)