Problem using BI DIO on COM port 24.

Arnold

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I am using BI with 11 IP Foscam cameras since 2 years now without any problem. BI is running beautifully with my PCs and IOS mobiles locally and remotely.

So I guess that now I am running for... problems just for the fun of it!

I want to add 1 Intel Galileo and 3 Arduino UNOs to my network and hook up sensors and actuators to the UNOs. Ideally, I will eventually have the Galileo control the UNOs which will read the sensors and activate the actuators at will (not determined yet) and display its views under BI (as some kind of a 12th camera but virtual). And I am just starting on it...

For DIOs, I configured COM 24 in my BI. This is now allowed with the last BI version released.

When I start BI, the BI status (log) says "DIO COM 24:2 beside a little red round icon with an "X" in the middle with the date and time. And that's it. Nothing happen until the next restart. So I guess BI can't write the COM port 24, but it doesn't say why...

I am heavily using several COM ports on my system without any problem so on my PC side it works most probably. And COM 24 is unused on my system.

Am I missing a magical driver or...

I did some more test and :

I found that the same problem occur with all COM ports from 1 to 30 (except 9) : the same error message, and the port is not shown in device manager.

For COM port 9, no error message in BI status log but still COM port 9 is not shown in device manager, and of cource, the fonction does not work.

That's it!

Any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arnold

n3wb
Reaction score
No reply to this post after almost a week now, and no reply fron BI to my email asking for support...

Should I conclude that those BI DIO COM ports are just a drop list of (now) 30 COM ports that do absolutely nothing?

Kind of a slot machine?