Problem with Convert/Export of Video - Solved

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just solved a problem I had been having for a couple of weeks. I kept thinking the problem was a recent BI or Windows update. The solution came to me as I was writing this up to ask for help. Hope this helps someone else.

PROBLEM

When I export a section of video the resulting file seems to stutter. I play a clip directly within BI and everything looks correct. I set the start and end times and export the video. When playing back the exported video stutters and only updates every couple of seconds. Audio is good.

This has only been a problem recently. Before I had no problems. I have tried changing which camera, exported file type and the export parameters. Nothing fixed the problem.

SOLUTION

I realized that the last good export I did was to create a Timelapse with a speedup factor of 120. In the export dialog box the Timelapse was still checked, but greyed out because audio was turned on. I assumed that this would have had no effect...

In order to uncheck Timelapse I had to turn off audio which made the Timelapse not be grayed out and it could be unchecked. Reenable audio and I now have good exports again. I don't remember ever having to uncheck Timelapse before.