Problem with Dahua IPC-EBE81242-AS-S2 12MP

jgasparelo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have some Dahua cameras, but I bought a new one and I'm having a problem, I can't see it on the network.
I've tried several ways, I've changed my network to the 192.168.1.xx range, I've connected directly to a PC, I took it to another network and nothing worked.

When I plug a network cable, the Switch does not blink giving a network signal, I believe there may be a problem. Is there anything I can do to resolve it?

The Camera is on because when it gets dark it turns on the IR lights.

It is connected to a 12v 1a source, I changed the source but it remains the same.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset of the cam with power applied?
Specs say it can house an SD card so there should be a reset button either under a door for the SD card or somewhere under the dome.

jgasparelo

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried, but I don't know if I did it right.

The camera does not have a reset button. The SD Card house doesn't have it either. Inside it has a button, I tried but without success. But I have my doubts if this button really is the reset button.
Dahua 12mp.pngreset button.pngsd slot.png

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, there is a reset button. Take off the back. Press it whilst the camera is powered on. I held it for 30s, shorter may have worked, but that is what I did, and it defaulted to 192.168.1.108. From there I could change the IP address and gateway to suit my home network.
Edit: I bought it used.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now I could see that it reset with this internal button, but still no network signal.
It should be powered up. Your PC should have an IP address of 192.168.1.XXX, where XXX is not 108.
Type 192.168.1.108 into your web browser address bar.
It should respond. If it doesn't respond, other than repeating the procedure, I wouldn't know further.

jgasparelo

n3wb
Reaction score
I did exactly that and it didn't work, I believe I'll have to ask for a refund.

Thank you for your help.