Product advice for shop room

Wynand

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking into a few (three) Hikvision camera's (which are surprisingly low priced for their quality, according to the youtube videos) to secure a small shop. They have a few cameras already but want to have a few extra ones for other rooms.
They all should have IR (the minimum of 30M is more than sufficient). The room for which my main concern is, is a room of about 4x4 meters with a height of about 2,3 meters. I was looking at getting a Hikvision DS-2CD2942F for it, but I cant figure out if it has an actual IR transmitter on it (I think so with the -I tag). Does any one know if the height of the ceiling is high enough to get a proper view of the room with it?

For the two others I just need sortof wide angle camera's, and I was thinking of a DS-2CD2742FWD-I / DS-2CD2142FWD-I / DS-2CD2432F-I. But I guess my question really is, what's sortof the best quality I can get with the wides angle possible (say 120-180°, it doesn't need to be a 360° fisheye)?
It's hard to determine the viewing angle of those as they're not really listed in the datasheet...
I'm looking to spend roughly €700 for the set of three. :)

Thanks for any advice!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Wynand

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that thread certainly got me out of the fisheye idea. I'll put one in the corner and maybe an other one to the opposite. I can easily get myself two-three cute DS-2CD2432F-I for the price of the edition with IR.. (€460 on ebay)

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
+1 on the 2432's. they are good indoor cams for the price. I wouldn't place them in opposite corners tho, so they don't blind each other with IR.
put them in adjacent corners if doubling up in a room. they claims to support audio with built-in mic & speaker, but the one I played with didn't
sound very good on the speaker and I couldn't get the mic working in BI, but that doesn't mean it can't be made to work...

Wynand

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh the audio bit is not relevant for me, I think the shop owner is probably going to be swinging his baseball bat before he's going to use the speaker to say "put that back...". :)
I think my shopping list is currently:
2xDS-2CD2432F-I (for the 4x4 room)
DS-2CD2142FWD-I
DS-2CD2742FWD-I
With one more expensive device & hoping for a tad higher quality so the owner can decide where he wants a higher quality. It'd probably hit like €800 but thats still cool...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
For indoors, the domes (2142 and 2742) are OK. If you need good night-time images tho, i'd use turrets (2342 ?) instead.
better IR LED's and no dome bleed/scatter.

also, why the varifocal (2742) ? just figure out the fov you need and get the right lens for that location. save some $.

edit: 4 mp

Wynand

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess the lenses are not swapable and I should look to get the right lens (2.8mm) on the camera listing @ ebay? :) (no local resellers)
During nighttime good vision isn't really needed, just some. There's an alarm, a dangerous dog and people sleep right above the store so meh. :)