Proper method to change camera password?

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Managed to brick my first camera, and it took 4 weeks and this site to help get it back due to a password mistake on my part.
Now have my second camera (2CD2142) which I set up and is working great, but have determined I need to change the password on it from the one I originally set.
Being super leery after my first camera screwup which was obviously my fault, wanted to ask the proper procedure to set a new password on my second camera and if I could use the same password for both cameras?
Thanks.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Via the Web-GUI using Internet Explorer. Yes, use the same password so you don't forget it.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry to ask yet another mundane question, but recommendation was via Web-GUI using Internet Explorer.
Does that mean typing in the camera's IP of 192.xxx.x.xxx and coming up with the screen (in my case the Live View) and across the top are the tabs Live View, Playback, Picture and Configuration.
If this is correct, I cannot find where you change the camera password using this approach.
What am I missing here?
Thanks.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK...found a page where you can select admin and Modify which brings up password boxes.....another crazy question (still gun shy bc of my last password screw-up bricking the cam)...the six character bullets representing current password and confirm password, in no way match the number of characters in my current password which is 10 characters.
Do these password boxes simply default to 6 characters and do not represent the actual number of characters in my current password?