Proxmox VM - file transfer speeds

pigottsm

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues w/ BI file transfer speeds in a Win2k22 srv VM (Proxmox 8.2.2)? Drive rates show 11MB write, 13MB move, but the 'move' rate frequently drops below the 'write' speed, triggering a 'disks cant keep up' error msg. This also causes the 'new' folder to bust it's storage limits and, if left unchecked, will fill the drive.

The exact same config runs fine on bare-metal Windows (HPE DL380 G10, Hdwe RAID (Mirror set primary, R5 storage)). Clean build of new VM runs as expected, no issues. But once BI is installed and running, even a simple file copy from folder-to-folder on the C: drive runs about 10-13Mbps. Somewhere I'm missing a driver?

I've tried every possible permutation of hardware configs over the last week - no luck.

Anyone else running into anything similar?

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 08.18.42.png

Thanks for reading...

Steve

Attachments

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Qemu virtio drivers installed?

how does the storage config from the host and vm look like? is it possible that you use cheap desktop ssd´s with zfs filesystem?

pigottsm

n3wb
Reaction score
Qemu virtio drivers installed?

how does the storage config from the host and vm look like? is it possible that you use cheap desktop ssd´s with zfs filesystem?
Yep all virtio drivers installed. No cheap SSD's - running 12Gbps SATA drives. No ZFS either - hardware RAID and ext4. Have also tried .raw drives in the VM w/ minimal change.

The fact that all the other Win2K22 VM's are behaving fine with speeds as expected it what leads me to believe it's a BlueIris issue.