PSA for those experiencing P2P connection issues over cellular

Reaction score
Hi All,

I got a new phone over the weekend and installed DMSS on to it. I've set it up to connect to my NVR (NVR5216-16P-4KS2E) via P2P and everything was working fine when connected to WiFi but noticed today that I could not connect to my NVR when i was out and about over cellular. I could still receive push notifications for motion alerts, but could not connect to view anything.

I was trying everything I could such as re-adding the NVR in the app, and trying to choose different connections options to no avail. While I was trying to search the NVR settings using the web browser I noticed that there was a firmware update identified. I applied the firmware update and after that the P2P connection was working again via cellular. Not sure if it was just co-incidence or because the system restarted with the firmware update, but it seemed to do the trick. My logical explanation is that Dahua has started blocking P2P connections to NVR's which aren't running on the latest firmware, which makes sense for security reasons ( just a guess on my part, haven't done any further digging).

So if you're having trouble with P2P connections try updating the firmware. Also nobody try and lecture me of the evils of P2P, I'm not buying your tin foil hat conspiracy reasoning.