PSA: Now is not the time to trespass

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know that there ever is a good time, but what are people thinking?
Here's our property layout (in general) North side is highway frontage, East side has a barbed wire fence between our 5 acres and our neighbors 5 acres, South side barbed wire fence and 5 acres, West side barbed wire fence and 10 acres. Along the west property line is an easement for some of the properties behind us. Our property is wooded, as is the 5 acres to the East, the other surrounding properties are pasture. There's really no reason to be on our property unless you have rights to the easement, and yet.

Friday afternoon I found a Corona bottle on the east side of the house, we are having the roof replaced, and I don't begrudge drinking on the jobsite, I just chalked it up to a roofer losing track of an empty (there was still the smell of beer so it hadn't been there a long time), but since the roofers are Hispanic I had my doubts, surely they have better taste in Mexican beer. Sunday morning I found a Michelob Ultra can on the same side and there's no way I missed it Friday. What kind of a$$ takes a shortcut thru the woods with ticks and bears and just thinks it's fine to drop their empties? I moved the 2 security cameras on that side to cover the area, and moved the game camera to complete the coverage. I texted the neighbors and asked them if they had any uninvited guests, 1 of them decided it was a good morning to sight in his rifle and I walked my property with a shotgun in hand so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings.

But seriously, I'm averaging 3 or 4 hours of sleep at best with the whole dumpster fire of a year we're having. I'm on edge, cranky, and sitting in the living room in the dark. Sneaking past people's houses is not going to end well.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
If your neighbors have teenagers, that could be the source.
You mention "taking a shortcut". Then they're likely not dangerous bad guys, maybe just lazy neighbors? But if a shortcut, maybe set up some IVS rules (if your cams support that). Or set up a string, which will indicate the direction of travel if it gets broken.

I don't mean to minimize. Trespassing is wrong, and on such large acreage, it's downright creepy.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All i got out of this is that you clearly haven't dedicated enough time to enhancing your camera system. On a serious note, hopefully it was just a bear.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, yeah...the asshats looney refers to are everywhere...they reproduce like armadillos.

Most of them don't own anything so they don't know what it takes to maintain something...like a house, some property, even a @#$% car that costs more than $250 and has at least 1 tire with tread.

All of the trespassing kind have seen way too many Polaris commercials where riders run their 4-wheelers rampant with no regard as to property ownership or permission to ride.
FWIW, the Mexican workers I've been around (and they do good work usually) drink Modelo.....students drink Corona.

If you don't get that chill pill in time and wind up dispatching one 'em to the promised land, I sure wouldn't blame you, but it would not be a good thing. Get a good lawyer and insure that some how, some way that you "..... feared for you life when you saw the milk crate with the taser, ropes and duct tape"....if you get my drift. :rolleyes:

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You might plant one or two of these.
My wife suggested the sprinkler, I suggested using the area to dispose of the dog logs and boards with nails in them.

If your neighbors have teenagers, that could be the source.
That is my assumption. I suspect one of the neighbor's kids is sneaking a beer out of the restaurant and drinking it on the way home.

All i got out of this is that you clearly haven't dedicated enough time to enhancing your camera system. On a serious note, hopefully it was just a bear.
Absolutely! When I ran the cabling, I ran cables where I want to put cameras eventually and put cameras at the most important locations. But you can't cover 5 acres with 4 cameras.

FWIW, the Mexican workers I've been around (and they do good work usually) drink Modelo.....students drink Corona.
Exactly. Modelo Especial seems to be the beer of choice, but I prefer Modelo Negra.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.