PTZ Axis intermittently askew.

Reaction score
Cam model:
Dahua OEM SD59430I-HC-S2
system version: V2.810.0000017.1.R.P9.3216.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-07-06
WEB VersionV3.2.1.1083225
ONVIF Version19.12(V2.8.0.923968)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000000.64.RHNT_200219_34642

Doesn't appear to be a trigger that causes this. It seems to happen every few days.

Is there a firmware someone can point me to as a possible fix?

Attaching screenshots. The view of the lot egress is normal, the view of the clear blue sky is askew.

-Josh

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Does it stay in that position ? Or does it go back to its preset home eventually?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two that will track into the trees/sky after losing or trying but failing to track a fast mover (car, golf cart, motorcycle), but they almost always give up and decide it lost the target and returns to home rather quickly as expected.

Something that may at least mitigate it is to set a time task to return home if you havent already. I do this on all of my PTZ's, especially those with multiple presets using IVS

In this example I tell it to go to its home (Preset#1) after 125 seconds. My tracking time is set for 120 seconds..
PTZTimeTask.jpg

"PTZ Limit" may help as well, but to be honest Ive not had luck getting that set right.

Reaction score
I have two that will track into the trees/sky after losing or trying but failing to track a fast mover (car, golf cart, motorcycle), but they almost always give up and decide it lost the target and returns to home rather quickly as expected.

Something that may at least mitigate it is to set a time task to return home if you havent already. I do this on all of my PTZ's, especially those with multiple presets using IVS

In this example I tell it to go to its home (Preset#1) after 125 seconds. My tracking time is set for 120 seconds..
View attachment 176004

"PTZ Limit" may help as well, but to be honest Ive not had luck getting that set right.
I do have a time task to return home. I tried PTZ limit but it had no effect. Camera receiving incorrect position info from PTZ? I'll attach screenshots of the DVR that show the IVS rules to better illustrate the off-positioning. The camera PTZ will remain off axis until a PTZ restart or cam reboot.

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had a PTZ camera that will slowly "reset" it's home position when it moves. I assume it's because it is not perfect on it's movements. For example if it moves 14 degrees to the left for some reason, when it returns home it actually move 14.01 degrees to the right, but "thinks" it only moved 14 degrees. This small variance can add up over time. In my case "home" was oriented to not include the side of my house, but literally any movement farther to the right would show the corner of my house. Therefore it was quite obvious when the camera strayed a little to the right. An occasional reboot will reset it back to the correct home position however.

That being said, what you are experiencing seems to be too big a jump for that to be your issue IMHO.

Last edited: