PTZ camera manual focus over focuses and just keep going?

AusGod

n3wb
Reaction score
PTZ camera manual focus over focuses and just keep going?

What can i do about this please?

VIDEO OF THE ISSUE.

Settings and version.
Screenshot_24.png Screenshot_25.png Screenshot_26.png Screenshot_27.png Screenshot_31.png

IlfordFilm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi AusGod, I have EXACTLY the same problem. I reckon I must have the same camera as you (I have 2 doing the same). Have you got anywhere with solving this yet?
I looked everywhere for support and firmware for these cameras. I have made a small breakthrough finding a website that has loads of firmware versions but the problem isn't solved yet.
Please update me with some info and maybe we can help each other solve.

AusGod

n3wb
Reaction score
... here are the versions in my cameras. I received them with v2.3.15 firmware installed but I took the risk and installed a v2.3.18 that I found and it upgraded okay. Some new features but focus problem still not fixed.
Hi. Sorry I have not solved the manual focus issue yet :( but I am just wanting to know where did you find the upgrade website? I can not find the website that has the upgrades.

IlfordFilm

n3wb
Reaction score
It took me ages to find the site as these Chinese manufacturers are so bad at branding and documentation etc. The AliExpress seller didn't help me either (they like to sell but not give any after sales service!)
I hunted for days and in the end I used the "v2.3.15" search term in Google and found this hidden away: http://www.anjvision.com:8021/firmware

Its not obvious what versions you have to use but I tried a few different ones last night, they all loaded okay but with various results.
Still no solution to the focus problem yet.
Is your camera an "MC400L" like mine?

The site belongs to Anjoy Vision IT Co Ltd. (aka Anjvision) . I believe they take the MStar modules and build various unbranded cameras for a range of markets.
Their main site 深圳市安佳威视信息技术有限公司 is all in Chinese and I can't find any English option.

cheers,
Alex.

AusGod

n3wb
Reaction score
It took me ages to find the site as these Chinese manufacturers are so bad at branding and documentation etc. The AliExpress seller didn't help me either (they like to sell but not give any after sales service!)
I hunted for days and in the end I used the "v2.3.15" search term in Google and found this hidden away: http://www.anjvision.com:8021/firmware

Its not obvious what versions you have to use but I tried a few different ones last night, they all loaded okay but with various results.
Still no solution to the focus problem yet.
Is your camera an "MC400L" like mine?

The site belongs to Anjoy Vision IT Co Ltd. (aka Anjvision) . I believe they take the MStar modules and build various unbranded cameras for a range of markets.
Their main site 深圳市安佳威视信息技术有限公司 is all in Chinese and I can't find any English option.

cheers,
Alex.
No, it is MC200J2. i will look into the links to see if i can find any upgrades that i need thanks.

IlfordFilm

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a further problem with one of my two MC400L cams now - in daylight its all gone pink monochrome.
I know what the issue will be - the IR Cut filter will have got stuck or its solenoid has packed up already.

Researching yesterday I found this is a very common fault as many people report the same issue with a lot of different cameras.
There is a physical glass filter that goes in front of the chip and blocks IR during the daytime. When the camera switches to night, it is pulled out of the way.
Mine has probably stuck in the night position (after only a month in service ! )

I tried contacting the seller on AliExpress but he's not even answered my first question about focus problems and firmware so I'm starting to think I'm on my own with a couple of "pigs in a poke".
I can't even work out what AliExpress's warranty procedure is. The site is terrible compared to Amazon for that kind of thing.

So I didn't mind opening the camera last night to have a look inside. The MC400L module comes out very easily and looks like that picture on the Unifore.net website (except I have an optical zoom in front).
I couldn't see how the IR Cut module comes out (I've seen You Tube videos of people fixing them) but I decided to put mine back together again before I did any harm to it.
I might have another go when I've done more research into dismantling IR Cut modules.