PTZ camera moving on its own

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080O camera setup at my house and I am recording through BlueIris. Occasionally, when I am viewing recorded clips, I will see that the camera has made one or two small movements. This morning I had about 5 seconds of movement in which the camera moved up, over and then down. The movement was very small and the motion was jerky. A couple of days ago, the same camera moved up and to the left, again that movement was very small. I have checked the connection log and do not see any other IP addresses connected other than myself from my phone. Has anyone else experienced this with their camera?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is common with all cheap ass lil consumer PTZ's, the stepper motors used are quite cheap and can have a mind of there own.. Ive seen it happen to other cameras in the same price range, not this one in particular though.

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is common with all cheap ass lil consumer PTZ's, the stepper motors used are quite cheap and can have a mind of there own.. Ive seen it happen to other cameras in the same price range, not this one in particular though.
Thanks! On my budget, I have to stick with the cheap ass cameras but they do what I need them to lol. The movement isn't a big deal now that I know it's common among the cheaper cameras.