PTZ control/presets no longer working

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Works fine from the cam but not from within blue iris. Not sure what changed. It was working yesterday I believe. I've removed it and added back in Blue Iris with no luck.

Cam is a SD49225XA-HNR.

Here is the PTZ tab in blue iris for this cam.
Screenshot_20191027-102215_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg

Any ideas?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like PTZ gets broken regularly.

There are a lot of Dahua options. You may need to try more than one. A few are intended for varifocal (not PTZ) cams and may only be able to control zoom.

Some of my older Dahua cameras work with Dahua/Q-See RTSP chosen in the dropdown list. For newer PTZ or varifocal cams, I've been using Dahua New V4. All of this for the latest BI5. PTZ behavior does change sometimes so a mode that works in one version may not work in the next. This is why Blue Iris has so many options for Dahua cameras.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems like PTZ gets broken regularly.

There are a lot of Dahua options. You may need to try more than one. A few are intended for varifocal (not PTZ) cams and may only be able to control zoom.

Some of my older Dahua cameras work with Dahua/Q-See RTSP chosen in the dropdown list. For newer PTZ or varifocal cams, I've been using Dahua New V4. All of this for the latest BI5. PTZ behavior does change sometimes so a mode that works in one version may not work in the next. This is why Blue Iris has so many options for Dahua cameras.
This was exactly it. Dahua New V4 was the ticket. I tried several options before posting. I thought I tried Dahua New V5 but not V4? My memory is pretty bad so that's why I always second guess what I tried. Anyway thanks for this!

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In all PTZ'a I've tested, find/inspect has always worked.
It did initially for me too. Worked so well initially I have no idea what it was set to when working. Maybe I accidentally switched it and it remembers the setting? For whatever reason Find/Inspect was not working now even after deleting the cam and re-adding it. Switching to Dahua New V4 fixed my issue so just glad it's working now.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It did initially for me too. Worked so well initially I have no idea what it was set to when working. Maybe I accidentally switched it and it remembers the setting? For whatever reason Find/Inspect was not working now even after deleting the cam and re-adding it. Switching to Dahua New V4 fixed my issue so just glad it's working now.
Did you see the post about IVS not working, that it "might" be caused because you are using the new flash viewing, and didn't install the cameras plugin?
Dahua is saying in some case's, not having the plugin installed, is causing IVS not to get saved to the camera correctly when setting them up.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you see the post about IVS not working, that it "might" be caused because you are using the new flash viewing, and didn't install the cameras plugin?
Dahua is saying in some case's, not having the plugin installed, is causing IVS not to get saved to the camera correctly when setting them up.
Not sure how I missed this. Didnt see the notification. I tried with IE with the plugin installed so I don't think it is this.