PTZ controls no working under NVR

ismurdegus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys
I need some help with my Dahua PTZ DH-SD22404T-GN....
If I access the camera direct via IP address, everything work perfect; including the PTZ controls.

If I try to control the camera, using the PTZ buttons on my 8-ch Dahua NVR, nothing work!

The camera was add to the NVR via the auto search function.....

Anyone with some advice?

Thanks a lot

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More info for the masses here, please:
  • Model number of Dahua NVR
  • Did the PTZ controls on the NVR work initially then quit recently?
P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

ismurdegus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony

The NVR is : DHI-NVR4108HS-4KS2
Long time ago, circa 3 years ago, I had a 2MP version that was working just fine.
2 months ago, I notice that the PTZ control was not responding, also the IVS was not working....so I purchase a new one but 4MP.
All connected yesterday but realize that the 4MP also have issue with the PTZ control.

Ciao!

ismurdegus

n3wb
Reaction score
So, today I did an update of the NVR firmware....
Right now if I select the PTZ camera and try to move with the control buttons, a message show up : PLEASE SET PTZ PROTOCOL OF CURRENT CHANNEL.

How I can do it?
I can't find anywhere....

Thanks

Tix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this case is the same but i have the same setup except i have the DHI-NVR4104HS-P-4KS2. When i connect the cam to the POE-port of the NVR and set it up to dmss on android with p2p it says device not supported, however when i add it on ip addres it works perfect.

Since i do not want to forward ports i can not get push notifications this way.

My NVR is running V4.001.00000.1 Build date: 2020-03-19

Is your camera also running the last firmware? V2.800.00000.4R.R4.495 Build date: 2019-11-05

ismurdegus

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR version is : V4.000.0000001.5 and my DH-SD22404T-GN has firmware: 2.623.0000000.7

If I am going on the camera interface and check online firmware update, the system say that the firmware is the last one.

Tix

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah that auto-update in the NVR didn't work for me either. I think you should first read a lot of things in this website and maybe the dahua wiki (pay attention because some posts are extremely outdated at dahua)

I think your firmware needs to be updated but i am by far an expert and still going strong with the reading part ;)

Good luck!

ismurdegus

n3wb
Reaction score
The auto-update on the NVR was working for me. Was the one on the camera that didn't.
I update the camera firmwase to the last one 2.8....... but still the PTZ control via the NVR is not working.
Every time I try it, the message : Please set the PTZ protocol of current channel" come up on the screen.

No one know where is this setting in the NVR?
I can't find it

Thanks

genwral

n3wb
Reaction score
very old thread, but for record purpose, set PTZ setting as picture below, if pop up appear 'PLEASE SET PTZ PROTOCOL OF CURRENT CHANNEL FIRST" when select PTZ control menu.
Happened to one of my customer recently.
20230725_103451.jpg