PTZ IP (ONVIF) cam with positioning issue

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had this particular AliExpress PTZ special with optical zoom for several years although I have lived with it in fixed position mode most of its life. The camera looks as though it should work because the power on initialization runs the gamut of pan, tilt, zoom and focus tests and then it settles in its home position. All of those tests passed just fine but from that point I can zoom in and out and adjust the focus, but pan and tilt does nothing. It must be something simple but I just don't understand how it could accept zoom focus commands but not the pan/tilt. Even in the firmware I am unable to alter the pan and tilt.

The Ali vendor was nice enough to send me a set of boards for the device but this did not effect it.

I have physical access and I may be able to telnet into this thing but would not know where to go from there.
Thanks for any insight.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model and how are you trying to move it - the camera app or an NVR or other VMS?

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What model and how are you trying to move it - the camera app or an NVR or other VMS?
Owlcat_1.PNGOwlcat_2.PNGOwlcat_3.PNGOwlcat_4.PNGOwlcat_5.PNG
Thanks for the reply. It is pretty generic. When I bought it it was called an Owlcat.
I try moving it in the firmware and using BI. BI uses the FozcamF186xx/98xx compatible for the PTZ profile. At least the zoom/focus is working. I added a few clips of the firmware. That version is dated 2018.

I find it a bit interesting that after a factory initialize the camera still has the Front Door as the location which was it first home before it stopped panning.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange. I can see it not working in BI. The Foscam stuff is the default for BI when it can't find anything.

But the camera GUI like you show above should work.

The only thing I can think of is maybe this camera is even more sensitive to browsers than Dahua LOL - try Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with IE tab, but plain ole Explorer.