PTZ Presets and Triggering

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will try not to over complicate my question. Got a PTZ on a outside corner of my work building. It obviously covers 2 sides of the building. I have 2 cameras (non ptz) at each adjacent corners that when triggered the ptz is told to go to preset "x" so it can be ready to track whatever set the trigger. My question is there a way to keep the ptz camera tracking when the other camera senses motion and tells the ptz to go to another preset "x" and then it'll loose track of what it's tracking...if that makes sense? I assume maybe a wait command could work? Anyone have experience using alerts to tell a ptz to go to a preset?

Josh

memphis02

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm struggling with this problem but a different issue. Like you, I have a mix of PTZ and fixed cameras. I'm using an alert to issue a command to PTZ. IE: Alert on fixed cam in zone A = do command PTZ preset 3. A problem I'm having is that the PTZ doesn't return to the proper preset, defined in the schedule. IE: Sunrise move to preset 1, sunset move to preset 2. If fixed cams tell it to go to preset 3, then 4, using the command "return to previous preset" no-longer works. -Nor does it appear that the PTZ searches back in its schedule for the original preset.