PTZ question

ckgene

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, new member here. Im having an issue with a Pelco PTZ, when camera boots up, picture is fine, but 10 seconds after its finished doin its self check, the picture becomes blurry

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

More info needed: "blurry" could mean out-of-focus or ???

Have you tried to focus from whatever viewer you're using or by using camera's webGUI?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Perhaps you need to set up the "home" position it goes to after the self test. It might already be configured with a preset to go to a certain location with zoom and focus. And that preset may currently be set to not be focused.

Revo2Maxx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have loads of PTZ cameras and Zoom cameras. I wonder if you have it installed or if you are trying to bench test the camera? Some cameras have settings that can be changed to be able to focus on near items and other cameras will have a Fixed setting. So another I have seen so often is someone installed a camera without removing the protective film? If your camera has such film and installed I would remove the film, Some think it was there to protect the lens and it was for shipping. It could even be on the inside of a Dome PTZ and over looked. Some times depending on seller a PTZ will come with protection holding things like the Cameras module from moving around. This can be with tape and other things that when someone is removing can touch the lens of the module or globe/face..

If you are trying to bench test the camera, I would face it in an area that is past 9 feet away as some have the modules focus to 3 m. So Looking at the 3rd picture here is where this camera has the ability to change the distance of focus. I have mine set at 19.7 feet.. So if things were to be closer then that on this camera it would look out of focus unless I made the change to a lower number.. This isn't from the same PTZ camera that the first 2 pictures are from.

As another has posted have you tried to use PTZ controls to adjust the Focus? It might be that your camera is setup for Manual focus in the WebUI or OSD depending on the type of camera your PTZ is in.. All of my PTZ and Zoom cameras have the ability to change from Auto Fucus, Semi Auto, Manual and a few have 1 touch auto focus what ever that is LOL I don't use it or have it setup to use it.. The first picture I posted is same camera as the second I just used the + on the focus part of the PTZ controls to take it out as far as it could from same set position. Might have tapped the arrow but not far enough to be out of what the in focus scene is seeing..

Attachments

Last edited: