PTZ v1, v2 no longer working on LTS (Hik) NVR after NVR firmware upgrade

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Final edit: Cameras are back up! Resolution here. Short version: Put the camera on a LAN with DHCP active to recover. A camera in DHCP mode which can't talk to a DHCP server will not do the self-test, and will remain invisible to arp, SADP and Huisun's tool.

I updated my LTS NVR firmware to fix some email bugs, but now my Huisun PTZs won't connect any more. I've verified all the settings--nothing changed--but the NVR won't talk to these cameras any more. Anyone in the same boat?

Last edited by a moderator:

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could be power issue

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anything is possible but it smells like a software problem. Both cameras worked perfectly for months, both stopped working after a NVR upgrade.

I need to get a POE injector so I can talk to the cameras directly without dismounting them... Can't even reach them through the NVR port mapping. Something is screwy!

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Other thing to check
Does it have same login as nvr. Is upnp disable. Do u have it on port 8000

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also does sadp tool see it

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They were set on manual logins before, port 8000, LTS protocol. I re entered the data, no luck. Can't check with sadp yet, the cameras aren't directly accessible to my LAN.

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't use nvr with build in poe for that reason. Try plugging in your laptop to one of the poe port and change the ip to match the nvr and see if you can access the camera. Maybe it need to be reconfigure

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to get a POE injector but I should have thought of plugging a laptop into the NVR, thanks!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, more data. It does not look good!

I plugged a laptop into the NVR and fired up SADP. It saw the Huisun cameras as "unknown" devices. Interestingly it showed their IP as 192.168.254.x, which is not the NVR's normal range. So, it did look like the PTZ camera settings got screwed up.

SADP has a handy "enable DHCP" checkbox, so I did that. Both the PTZ cameras then disappeared from the SADP device list.... and arp -a on my laptop doesn't see them... and the NVR won't connect to them... and if I unplug/replug the cameras, they do not do the power-on motion test any more. The POE stats on my NVR do not show them drawing more than 2W and I know the self-test motion pulls about 7W.

My PTZs appear to be totally dead! Even if the network config is jacked up, they should move on powerup.

I think it is time to abandon this thread and start a new one. The NVR isn't the problem.