PTZ wlan cam with ONVIF

Tiffytaffy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I'm looking for a PTZ wlan cam with ONVIF support. I found Imou Ranger but there are many versions.
I guess the new ones without ONVIF. Has someone an idea?
Thanks

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most popular branded cameras, like IMOU (branded under Dahua) are conformed to ONVIF standard.
You can search the camera under ONVIF website, to find out whether the particular camera is supported or not.

At the stage, IMOU only works with BI using RTSP protocol(recording video streaming),
refer to this link: https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/imou-ranger-2-access-via-onvif.42605/post-505321

PTZ is not working at in BI. So the workaround it is to the IMOU app.

vekonyat

n3wb
Reaction score
In case somebody is interested in this camera, with the Ranger 2 2Mp version Onvif Ptz is working with Ispy(Agent), with ODM (not with all of my R2s) or posting the soap in Xml, which works in Motioneye. Don't know too much about other Nvrs like BI or Zoneminder, but it should work there too I think. With the 4Mp version only the Rtsp stream works, Ptz doesn't seem to be implemented in the latest firmware.
The Onvif password is encoded, but you can sniff the Ptz traffic with Wireshark.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes. i got this 2mp one as well.. working fine with BI. no issues so far.

as usual, need to initialise it first before using.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless,, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $45, silver is more.

As far as browsers, it works with Pale Moon (32bit), SeaMonkey, IE, Safari 11, Firefox 49.0 and Chrome (recommend with latest version camera and it requires no extension).

I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

VERY hard to beat for $44, IMO

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.