PTZ1A225-HNR-XA motion detection under Blue Iris

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I installed one of these PTZ cams from Andy. Went into the camera with a browser to set up motion detection.

Looked under "Smart Plan" and saw options for "video metadata" or "face detection" but no presets were available. Selected "Video Metadata" and saved. Looked under "Deep IVS" but no presets were available and it will not allow adding new rules. Under the main heading "Video Metadata", there is a preset called "Global" and I was able to add rules -- one for people and one for cars.

Saved everything and exited the browser and launched Blue Iris. Enabled signals from the camera but it does not appear that the smart plan is working normally. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the IE tab. The Dahua PTZs need Internet Explorer or your track time will default to 15 seconds regardless what you put in. Sometimes other settings won't take either.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

In BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

Anytime you make changes to the presets in the camera GUI, you need to redo the find/inspect in BI

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the detailed info! That was an adventure getting IE running. :)

Now ..... IE is asking for "webplugin.exe". This machine is isolated with no net connection. Can I download this plugin and install?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it shouldn't be an issue in that case.

The other option is to have a black screen and not be able to see where you are drawing lines LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is on the camera itself. Simply it hit run or download when it pops up.

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks.

Got the plugin running. Odd thing tho, nothing has changed in Deep IVS, Smart Plan or Video metadata. I wonder if I need a bios update on the cam?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try a factory reset as that usually clears out the bugs, especially if you were trying a different browser

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it. Sometimes the brain can't follow simple instructions lol. Your work sheet was perfect. Thanks!

Got a question: I saw a setting that said something to the effect of ....... "delay time to record". Any idea what that's about? I don't understand why someone would want to wait after triggering......

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cool deal!

I think that is to not record the blur when it is moving quickly from one preset to another when the spotter cam is used or could be for people that don't want to record them going in and out of their house and could set up a home automation or something if they key in a code.

I guess someone had a use case for it and it was easy to add it.