PTZ1A225-HNR-XA not communicating with Blue Iris.

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Got into the cam with explorer and added the plugin. Went thru the settings and it appears that IVS is working ok inside the cam. Reading those trigger signals in Blue Iris is a horse of a different color.

Blue Iris is set up to read the cam thru ONIVF. The triggers are reading ONIVF. Cam address is HTTP and not HTTPS.

At the bottom of the Network IP Config screen, there is an entry, two input boxes, side by side, with "00000" in each. The title for the two boxes is "ONVIF Source". ???

What's the best way to troubleshoot this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Type in your camera IP address, username and password and hit find/inspect and screenshot the window that pops up. I suspect early on it will say "bad response" which means the onvif password is messed up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is "bad response" that is a classic sign of the ONVIF username and password getting screwed up.

Sometimes they don't follow over at setup or if you changed it.

You need to go to user and find ONVIF manager and then change the admin to your password.

If that doesn't do it then delete the camera from BI and do a factory reset and set up again.

If the problem still persists but everything works in BI then simply copy these into the main and substream:

Main Stream:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

1st Sub Stream:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Type in your camera IP address, username and password and hit find/inspect and screenshot the window that pops up. I suspect early on it will say "bad response" which means the onvif password is messed up.

Here's what came up:

RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00001
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00002
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
RelayOutput: 00000/Bistable/open
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz_service
Preset: 1=Preset1
Done

Thanks very much for any ideas.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That looks correct.

And did you follow what I posted here:

If you have and it still doesn't work then it is an issue with the newer version of BI and that camera and you will have to try the hack here:

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
That looks correct.

And did you follow what I posted here:

If you have and it still doesn't work then it is an issue with the newer version of BI and that camera and you will have to try the hack here:

Everything looks ok pretty much ok inside the cam (needs fine tuning) so I believe it's right. I'll try to do this hack ......

Thanks.

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Uhm ..... where do I insert this rule hack data? I can't find any ONVIF headers anywhere inside the cam or in Blue Iris.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is in BI. What version are you running?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK that version is prior to all the ONVIF updates.

So I think it is an ONVIF password issue.

In the camera, go to user and find ONVIF manager and then create an ONVIF user and password and use that in BI and hit find/inspect again.

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok... I went into the cam and ONVIF user. You were right, it did not accept my main password in the ONVIF user to "change" the password. I could not figure out how to change the original ONVIF password, even with the Dahua Config tool, so I created an additional ONVIF user and set the password. The cam is showing triggering by intrusion box lines changing colors so I believe it's functional. Went into BI, set the new user/PW and saved.

The triggers are still not passing thru. Gotta be doing something wrong.....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you do find/inspect again? Does it show the presets in the pop up window?

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you do find/inspect again? Does it show the presets in the pop up window?

I went thru the find/inspect again and it changed the entry. The PTZ entry also changed. What presets in what pop-up window are you referring to? BI or Explorer? Please be explicit -- my eyes glazed over and I'm starting to drool -- this monster is beating me stupid. :)

I broke out a second one of these cams and it is acting the same as the first. It's odd tho -- I can tell both cams in Explorer to track on trigger. In Blue Iris both cams will follow me around perfectly. But the (client/server?) trigger for ONVIF record just will not work no matter what! ?? Anyone know the default ONVIF password for these cams? Dahua sounds like they put you thru a ringer to get the info.

Another thing I noticed about these cams -- at 325 feet I can read license plates with the optical zoom. The IVS recognizes cars 100% of the time at this distance. But it's nerver identified a person at that distance. Is that normal?

I've got the impression you're right about this being an ONVIF password problem. I'm right at the edge of doing a master reset on the cams ......

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI, when you hit the find/inspect and that pop-up window appears, it will show you all the things it is doing/looking for and would mention the presets.

They haven't had default passwords in Dahua cams for years.

In theory, when you initialize the camera for the first time and assign the admin a password, it will then default that password to the ONVIF admin user. In theory.

But then people change the admin password later and it doesn't carry over. Or sometimes the ONVIF password doesn't take when you first initialize the camera.

That is why I said simply go to ONVIF manager and make a user and password in the ONVIF manager and use that. I don't use the admin username for any of my cams in BI.

Without seeing your field of view at 325 feet, it is anyone's guess about person - make sure the IVS at that preset is checked for human. Is this not triggering for a person day and night or just not night?

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
In BI, when you hit the find/inspect and that pop-up window appears, it will show you all the things it is doing/looking for and would mention the presets.

They haven't had default passwords in Dahua cams for years.

In theory, when you initialize the camera for the first time and assign the admin a password, it will then default that password to the ONVIF admin user. In theory.

But then people change the admin password later and it doesn't carry over. Or sometimes the ONVIF password doesn't take when you first initialize the camera.

That is why I said simply go to ONVIF manager and make a user and password in the ONVIF manager and use that. I don't use the admin username for any of my cams in BI.

Without seeing your field of view at 325 feet, it is anyone's guess about person - make sure the IVS at that preset is checked for human. Is this not triggering for a person day and night or just not night?

License plate FOV at 325 feet is (I'm guessing) less than 10 feet.

There is definitely some high strangeness with the ONVIF password. The second cam will not even give me option to change it. Maybe version differences? I feel better that you used a non-admin account for the ONVIF pass thru. When I get back on site, I'll see what I can do.

Humans and cars are both checked in both cams in Explorer (along with track) . I don't quite understand it. At this point, I'd gladly pay $100 for a dummies guide that worked. This config disaster is destroying my security rollout .....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am a big fan of 3 factory resets on any new camera before I set it up.

If you haven't done a factory reset, give that a try.