Pulled Ethernet socket off camera cable

Reaction score
I was trying to unplug the ethernet cable on one of my cameras today and couldn't get the waterproof connection apart. After much twisting and pulling, rather than the connector coming apart, I managed to pull the RJ45 socket off the camera cable instead:eek:

I make my own cables so have a crimping tool, but I can't find any RJ45 sockets here in the UK. But, I do happen to have an ethernet connector, for joining two cables together, which has two RJ45 Sockets on it, so my plan is to crimp a RJ45 plug onto the camera and then use the connector to connect it back to my Ethernet cable.

I presume that I have to wire the RJ45plug on the camera the reverse way round to normal though?

i.e. brown, brown-white, green, blue-white, blue, green-white, orange, orange-white

Has anyone done this or found some other workaround for salvaging the camera connection?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
somewhere in here, people have deciphered the non-standard color code of the cam wiring to remake the termination so that data and power go to the right pins.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I presume that I have to wire the RJ45plug on the camera the reverse way round to normal though?

i.e. brown, brown-white, green, blue-white, blue, green-white, orange, orange-white
No, don't reverse anything.....the male and female line up 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc.
What you want is to connect whatever was on pin 1 of the broken female of the pigtail to pin 1 of the new RJ-45 male.

NOTE: the below female image is as viewed from the side you'd plug the male into, this is not as viewed from the back (wired) side.
Camera_RJ45_FEMALE_pinout.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, don't reverse anything.....the male and female line up 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc.
What you want is to connect whatever was on pin 1 of the broken female of the pigtail to pin 1 of the new RJ-45 male.

View attachment 180746
OK, So luckily, this camera, which is a HDW5541HP, has standard coloured wiring. So I've crimped on a new RJ45 plug, in the normal T568B configuration, which is Orange - white, orange, green-white, blue, blue-white, green, brown-white, brown.

But, to my thinking, as that plug is the wrong way round, as it were, then I would need to wire it in reverse.

Originally, the pig tail would be 1-1, 2-2, etc, but putting a RJ45 plug on, it's now 1-8. 2-7, is it not?

Reaction score
I've actually now found a Keystone jack, so I'll use that and fit that as that way I can be sure it's wired up up correctly.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've actually now found a Keystone jack, so I'll use that and fit that as that way I can be sure it's wired up up correctly.
If they are in the order you stated in post #5 then just follow the T-568B colors stamped on the keystone.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Originally, the pig tail would be 1-1, 2-2, etc, but putting a RJ45 plug on, it's now 1-8. 2-7, is it not?
No.
Hold a male, like below, up to the image of a female I sent in post #4 (rotate either 180 degrees) and you'll see how 1 goes to 1, 2 to 2, etc....don't reverse anything.

T568B_RJ45_pinout.jpg

Last edited:

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a camera that the connector pulled off. I do not have the female connector to look at the wire colors from the camera are, yellow, blue, orange, gray, brown and black. just 6 wires,

I have not tried to search the web. It's a LNB4421-C lorex. Anyone know the pins for each color wire?

------------------------------------------------

did a search and found this

===================================

Below is the pin out for the female POE Ethernet connector for the FLIR / LOREX LNB-3163 and LNE-3162 cameras (3MP High Definition Bullet Security Camera with Long-Range Night Vision)

Pin Camera Cat-5 wire
Brown Or/Wh
Purple Orange
Orange Gr/Wh
Yellow Blue
Yellow Bl/Wh
Blue Green
Gray Br/Wh
Gray Brown

Note: The camera's Yellow and Gray wires are connected at two pins each.

==========================================================
what have i got to lose? so looking at it

pins 1&2 - 3&6 which does the communicating are Brown, Purple - Orange, blu = that should communicate if you used the 12v socket. The Gray and yellow are for the poe voltage. I havent wired it up yet. It's a cheap camera. I connected all 6 wires so it powerd on via poe.

And it worked. ip =192.168.1.174 and the login is admin/admin so i guess i can use it somewhere with plenty of lighting or give it to my neighbor.

Last edited: