Pulling a snapshot trough NVR works only when IR is on

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have again interesting situation going on with NVR4104-4P-4KS2 and 4 bullets. 3 x HFW2231 and 1 x HFW2431T-ZS

NVR is in remote site with public IP and port forward, the server which is pulling the image is at server farm.

I need to pull a still image from channels 2 and 4 once a hour for a public web page. Because cameras are connected in NVR PoE-ports, I have to reach NVR trough with http://user:password@ipaddress:publicport/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=2

This seems to work fine during the night, but as soon as daylight comes and IR switch off, I can't pull snapshot anymore. Linux wget says read error or internal server error. Here it seems to be quite sharp after 05 in the morning until 21 in the evening when snapshot pulling does not work.

I have searched trough NVR ui to find if there is any schedule applied, but haven't found any. Also 4G router log indicates that the connection has been staying the same all the time without interruptions.

I looked with wireshark and my own PC what happens during daytime, and there seems to be lot retransmission and dup ack:s. I wonder if this has something to do with the snapshot size or how complicated the image is? Once IR is off there is colour and more detail = file size is bigger and NVR/camera CPU can't handle the request anymore.

Also there has been exceptions: 4-5 times I have had one still coming through even IR is off, but most of the days it stops totally after IR is on.

Any ideas?