Push Notification Issue

Sudsii

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

New to all this so bare with me. I bought 2 5442's as part of the black friday sale, I currently have a Hikvision NVR (7616NI) that i figured with ONVIF could work with my new 5442s. However naïve of me I didn't realize SMD wouldn't work with a Hikvision NVR (should have researched better).

Is there another app or way I can get a push notification directly from my cameras using SMD to filter out the amount of false alerts I'm getting from my Hikvision NVR on motion detection? I know I'm likely better off getting a new NVR or returning the cameras and ordering Hikvision equivalents, I may just keep these as overview cameras with no motion detection if I cant get it to work and order new Hikivision cameras solely for their IVS compatibility.. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, best to always match brand of camera to NVR!

You can use the various DMSS apps Dahua has available. Look at the play store of the device you have for its DMSS version.

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just been reading through a few threads on here and thought this was the most appropriate to add a question to.

I've just installed 3 new IPC-E3541F cameras with SMD at a site and added these to DMSS on Android. These are not connected to a NVR and have memory cards in them. I have SMD enabled on these and it is working flawlessly inside the cameras. Humans and vehicles are being detected and showing in the web interface and DMSS for playback.

The problem I'm having is getting push notifications working.

If I add these cameras as a account based device I can only get 1 camera at a time to send push notifications. I can enable push notifications in all 3 and then try them I'll find I get 1 of the 3 working correctly sending SMD alerts and push notifications to the phone.

If I then go and disable notifications for that camera and then reboot the whole 3 cameras I find one of the other cameras will now decide it wants to send notifications. If I then disable that and reboot all 3 cameras I find the last one wants to send notifications. If I then enable on all 3 and reboot them all one other camera will then randomly decide it wants to work and the other two won't.

If I add these cameras as a local device push notifications work correctly from all 3 cameras all at the same time.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be here? I am wanting to have these configured as account based so the cameras can easily be added to multiple devices and users using sharing (which also works perfectly).