Pushover Alerts

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello , I have curl.exe in win11 setup for blue iris with deepstack alerts via pushover and at times the alerts work great and other times of the day/night I get them randomly or not at all ??? Any help to get them pushing properly is appreciated Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI's log shows the alerts as being sent BUT they are not coming in via Pushover reliably?

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize but I never thought about the log …I’m learning and will check and see Is the log under a setting or in a folder on the drive ?
Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I apologize but I never thought about the log …I’m learning and will check and see Is the log under a setting or in a folder on the drive ?
Thanks
Upper left corner of BI console, squiggly arrow like a graph chart, then "log" tab.

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score
Upper left corner of BI console, squiggly arrow like a graph chart, then "log" tab.
Hello so I am viewing my log and I see "AI: Alert canceled [AI: not responding] 15129ms " several times next to my cameras in the log list ???? Is this the problem or is there something else I should be noticing ? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. 15 seconds is probably timing out AI

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same. Tried multiple things but had to give up. Fun as it was to see AI frame a plant and give it a percentage score I went back to IVS in cameras. To me not generally speaking it has given me far less if not close to 0 false alerts. BI motion e.g when snowing or light changes, trees sway it would trigger. I applaud those who can tune BI and AI to perfection, it can do so much more than the cameras - it just wasn’t for me.

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same. Tried multiple things but had to give up. Fun as it was to see AI frame a plant and give it a percentage score I went back to IVS in cameras. To me not generally speaking it has given me far less if not close to 0 false alerts. BI motion e.g when snowing or light changes, trees sway it would trigger. I applaud those who can tune BI and AI to perfection, it can do so much more than the cameras - it just wasn’t for me.
Darn because being a novice and knowing nothing lol it was actually working nicely and all of a sudden not ......

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What were your make times prior to these timeout issues? If they were less than 1000ms and now 15,000 that is usually something corrupt.

What version BI and Deepstack are you on?

When was the last time you did a reboot?

What about an uninstall and reinstall Deepstack - that has fixed many things for people.

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure what the make times were prior since it was my fault for not knowing/checking the log..but now I know

Versions installed:
Blu Iris 5.8.8.3
DeepStack 2022.01.1 GPU

I usually do a reboot daily

I just reinstalled DeepStack with Version
2022.01.1 GPU

In my log I'm getting: AI Alert Cancelled [Nothing Found] 257ms , 446ms - Ms's are all lower now than before

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks , would you know how I can fix this ....weird because it use to work great and I never touched anything ??
You may not have touched it, but if you are on 5.8.8.3, that was released TODAY, so that means your system is set to auto-update.

Having BI auto update is a recipe for disaster.

Deepstack is no longer supported and there will come a day that newer versions of BI will break Deepstack functionality.

You need to rollback to a prior version and it will probably start working again.

And then turn off auto update and only update when/if BI adds a feature you want or need.

And turn off Windows updates also. They have a tendency to update a driver that screws up your working system.

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score
You may not have touched it, but if you are on 5.8.8.3, that was released TODAY, so that means your system is set to auto-update.

Having BI auto update is a recipe for disaster.

Deepstack is no longer supported and there will come a day that newer versions of BI will break Deepstack functionality.

You need to rollback to a prior version and it will probably start working again.

And then turn off auto update and only update when/if BI adds a feature you want or need.

And turn off Windows updates also. They have a tendency to update a driver that screws up your working system.
Thanks very much it’s starting to work again and I will do what you said !