Q&A for Mini PTZ V2 or everything we know so far

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What the heck is this?
A thread to answer all your burning questions about this Mini PTZ v2 (Also known as Huisun/Imporx)

Why is it called Huisun or Imporx? Is there a difference?
They sell the same thing. When the cam was first discovered over a year ago it was sold by company called Huisun at Aliexpress, then we saw a few other variants popup and one of them was Imporx. Huisun has been inactive at Aliexpress and Imporx seller picked up the new sales but the name Huisun stuck. This is the thread that started it all with v1:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5456-Mini-PTZ-camera-impressions!-2015-PTZ-camera-of-the-year?highlight=2015

I bought cam or already have cam which has built-in POE should I be concerned?
Yes, do not use built-in POE instead get a separate active POE splitter or use DC power.
https://www.amazon.com/USG-Splitter-Power-Non-PoE-Cameras/dp/B00M5U4OFA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1474783135&sr=8-16&keywords=poe+splitter

Why should I care about it?
Hikvision supported protocols, 10x optical zoom PTZ combined with excellent night abilities unlike any other cam for sub $150. It's fun and practical cam which offers the best for the buck and it still has no real competition.

What is this "Hikvision protocols"?

It means that it will work with Hikvision NVR and Hikvision IVMS PC/mobile software, but advanced features such as line detection, intruder zone which are included in Hikvision cameras is not supported.

I like bullet style but I need more optical zoom 20x or 30x?
Yes, they recently introduced these options at a higher price point. Dome version has been available as well.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12663-Next-Gen-Mini-PTZ-is-almost-here!-30x-optical-zoom-auto-tracking!

Does it work with Hikvision NVR?
Yes, PTZ controls, PTZ memory, motion detection. Make sure to use Hikvision protocols, using ONVIF does not have motion detection.

Does it work with Blue Iris?
Yes, PTZ controls, PTZ memory, motion detection. You can even schedule to call PTZ presets at different time automatically

Does it work with Dahua NVR?
No data provided, I will speculate that it will work as it uses the same Hikvision protocols or ONVIF but in terms of PTZ support and motion detection I don't know yet.

What's the best Android App to use with this camera?

I personally like Tiny Cam Pro, but Hikvision IVMS-4500 works as well. It uses the same Hikvision protocols/configuration. ***Note: you can directly pull Hikvision NVR stream in Tiny Cam Pro using the DS-7204HWI-SH or DS07208HGHI-SH camera choices combined with Hikvision brand and use channel setting to get specific camera.

Where is that 8000 port as Hikvision cam that's required for IVMS-4200/IVMS-4500?
It's not listed in the web GUI, but you can see it and edit it when using IVMS-4200 or SADP Tool.

Can I use IVMS-4500 mobile app without Hikvision NVR?
Yes

Does it work in Chrome?
No, cam requires you to install ActiveX control, to work around this you can use IE tab extension for Chrome

Does motion detection work with Hikvision NVR?
Yes, but it is very basic

Does it have built in POE?
Not anymore, seller provides external POE splitter. Alternatively you can purchase any active POE splitter.

Is there a recommended box to fit in splitter?
You can get one of the electrical junction boxes from Home Depot and modify it to fit the needs
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13559-Low-profile-box-for-splitter

Does it have any reliability issues?
The early cams V1 & V2 had major flaw with built-in POE, so a few users reported that their cams stop working when it was hot. It was discovered that built in POE design was the culprit as a result seller has been including external POE splitters to alleviate the issue. There were no other reports yet. I live in mild climate and I had my cams running for 9 month now with no failures.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12554-Mini-PTZ-with-POE-High-Ambient-temps-failures

What is this flash corruption?
In earlier firmware when the camera was running for a long time it may have garbage written to a flash. One symptom in my case was that I could not reset the camera to default settings and then when I tried to upgrade firmware it bricked the camera. It may have been possibly resolved in later firmware, but this still needs to be confirmed. Before upgrading firmware try resetting it factory defaults and verify it indeed reset everything.

I have purchased mine a while ago and it has POE built-in, should I be concerned?
Yes, it's highly recommended that to use external POE splitter to avoid potential issues with built-in POE overheating. If you live in a mild climate it may not be an issue to continue using built-in POE, but it's still advisable that you purchase external POE splitter.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13212-POE-splitter-for-10-shipped-from-Jack

Where can I find firmware updates?
They are provided by the supplier and sometimes shared on the forum, but when updating the cam there is always a risk of bricking them. Before updating make sure you verify the firmware matches the correct cam. Batch/Update tool can give you some information on which camera sensor you have.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8559-Mini-PTZ-v2-Firmware-discussion

Where can I find Batch/Update tool?
It's available in the firmware thread
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12180-Mini-PTZ-v2-(S2L-IMX222)-Firmware?highlight=batch+tool

I get Network Anomaly when I try to login in the web UI, what is this?
It could be a number of things, but generally what you are seeing is a cached page and/or there is a network issue. Make sure you are able to ping the camera and there are no IP conflicts.

What is RTSP streaming link?
Try the following rtsp://huisun_username:huisun_password@huisun_ip:554/mpeg4 - rtsp://[ipaddress]:554/0 or rtsp://[ipaddress]:554/1

What if bricked the camera during firmware update?
There are a few options. 1)Send it back for repair if sellers allows it, but shipping is expensive 2)If you did not reboot the camera after it failed you can still recover it see "firmware recovery' thread 3)If the cam is bricked and you restarted the cam it will require some more advanced steps see "firmware recovery' thread.
1. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12265-Mini-PTZ-repair-experience-with-Jack-from-Imporx
2. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13244-Upgraded-firmware-failed-at-88-experience-and-recovery
3. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13414-Unbricking-another-Mini-PTZ-V2-skipping-much-of-the-tech-stuff

Is there a telnet access? What's the password?
Yes, use port 3232. PM for password

Is there a wide angle option?
Yes, there is 4x (2.8mm-12mm) version of this cam
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9162-Mini-PTZ-v2-4x-optical-zoom-version

What's the best deal on this cam?
See Best deal thread to get the best price and store to buy this camera. Best price been between $135-$150 shipped for 10x (5.6mm- 56mm) optical zoom and $110-$120 for 4x (2.8mm-12mm) optical zoom
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8679-Best-deal-on-Imporx-(Huisun)-v2!

Can I buy from Amazon with fast shipping?
There are currently no sellers that have this cam available. It may change in the future

Is there warranty and support?
Just like any other camera from China directly there is no official warranty and support is pretty much non existent. Also shipping costs to China is buyer's responsibility and they can be quite high. However, it really depends on where you bought it. For example, I've purchased a few cams from Jack's store and sent couple to repair after failed firmware upgrades, I ended up paying $85 for Express Priority mail from US. There are cheaper shipping options that are slower and with no tracking.

What are the known firmware issues?
Manual focus requires readjustment when switching IR on/off. Someone reported that it was fixed in the latest firmware, but I cannot verify whether it's fixed or not.

What if I forgot password, is there a reset button?
There is no physical reset button, but you can use batch reset tool which will let you reset the password as well as upgrade firmware

How much power does this cam use?
Idle (no IR) 3.3watt
Idle (IR for wide area) 9.3 watt
Idle (IR for long distance) 8.4 watt
PTZ+IR went up to 12 watt

Does it require POE or POE+?

It will work with either one

My cam doesn't return to the same spot after restart?

This could be an issue with not providing enough power

Are the PTZ controls fast?

No, they are not as fast as those higher end PTZ cameras, it's good for repositioning. There is no difference in V1 or V2.

What is Preset 95?
Calling preset 95 in web interface activates in camera menu which lets you edit some options which may not be available in the web ui. You can call this preset from Hikvision NVR as well.

What sensor does V2 cam have?
This V2 2.0MP model has S2L + IMX322, the older V1 version had A5S + IMX222 which is slightly worse in terms of image quality. There is another variant which looks like this camera as it is identically to v1 body but it is not using the same firmware it comes with HI3516C + IMX222. The v1 with 1.3MP uses different sensor.

What's the difference between V1 and V2 models?
Primarily body is the only difference. V1 is mainly plastic where V2 is metal which should help with heat dissipation. Sensor was different as well, but according to Huisun source they started using the same sensor in both versions earlier this year. I cannot confirm this though as no one reported this information.

Would this cam work as LPR (license plate recorder) cam?
Yes, but it's not perfect as there are some limitations. 1) If you want to use the stream with OpenALPR you will need to use Hikvision NVR stream, otherwise the stream is not supported directly from the cam. 2) There will be a gap in terms of plate recognition during dusk/dawn hours because of IR sensitivity threshold, to go around this you can permanently enable IRs on.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7259-Huisun-10x-LPR-(License-Plate-Reading)-settings?highlight=lpr

How is this cam compares to those popular cheap Hikvision/Dahua cams in the same price range?

This has been a highly debatable subject, but personally I found that those budget Hikvision/Dahua cams are not suitable for outdoors at night time unless it's a small area that you are trying to cover or you have plenty of light as they use very small sensors. There is no equivalent from Hikvision/Dahua in the same price range with the same set of features. The firmware in Hikvision/Dahua cams have more advanced features, but Mini PTZ makes up with having 10x optical zoom and excellent night time performance with its strong 2 stage IRs. It will be a great fit for pretty much anywhere outdoors either with 10x or wide angle 4x. It offers great balance of image night quality with PTZ features for the price unlike any other cam in this range and it just fun to use.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7209-Food-for-thought-Huisun-vs-Hikvision

What is this 2 stage IRs?
Mini PTZ has 4x IR lights, but only 2 work at the same time, they activate based on the set distance which is configurable by calling Preset 95 menu.

I am new to IP cameras, is it complicated to set it up?
The setup as well as UI is very similar to Hikvision cam, but keep in mind that IE is required for initial configuration. If you are comfortable configuring IP cameras in general and have Windows based PC then it's the same level of difficulty as any other IP camera.

I just got the cam, but I cannot connect?
It uses IP 192.168.0.99 out of the factory. Use Hikvision IVMS-4200 or SADP tool to discover the cam and change IP. Default ports are the same: http:80, rtsp:554, server:8000.

This all sounds great, but I still can't stand this cam, shopping in China or in general I am not having a good day where do I vent?
This thread designed to help others with questions they might have about this cam, if you feel like venting please create your own thread or try this:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7704-I-can-t-stand-Huisun!

External text version:
http://textuploader.com/dseu7

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What sensor does V2 cam have?
This v2 model has S2L + IMX322, the older v1 version had A5S + IMX222 which is slightly worse in terms of image quality. There is another variant which looks like this camera as it is identically to v1 body but it is not using the same firmware it comes with HI3516C + IMX222.
Worth noting, I recently discovered that my Huisun V1 did not contain a Sony IMX222 sensor. Apparently, it contains an Aptina AR0130 sensor (popular sensor in lower-priced Action Cams and Dash Cams). At least that is what is listed in the "sensor" category of the hardware information when doing a Telnet into the camera. Not sure how widespread this variant is. I sometimes have auto white balance issues under full sun that I've not heard of anyone else reporting (perhaps this is related to the different sensor?)...Otherwise, seems to work very well with no noticeable quality difference from other V1 examples.

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the external POE splitter fit into a 100x100x50mm junction box?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Worth noting, I recently discovered that my Huisun V1 did not contain a Sony IMX222 sensor. Apparently, it contains an Aptina AR0130 sensor (popular sensor in lower-priced Action Cams and Dash Cams). At least that is what is listed in the "sensor" category of the hardware information when doing a Telnet into the camera. Not sure how widespread this variant is. I sometimes have auto white balance issues under full sun that I've not heard of anyone else reporting (perhaps this is related to the different sensor?)...Otherwise, seems to work very well with no noticeable quality difference from other V1 examples.
so yours is 1.3 MP? I will clarify this information pertains to 2.0 MP version.

Does the external POE splitter fit into a 100x100x50mm junction box?
Need to check the measurements of the junction box and I will update.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How about the pan - tilt speed.. did it improve? i have the old mini ptz v1.. the pan tilt, as you should know is extremely slow.. and the speed cannot be saved. OK, i dont expect it to turn 360 in 3 sec.. but mine is really slow.

Reaction score
Hi klasipca, thanks for this useful post! I have a question I asked in one of the other V2 threads - you mention viewing the camera works in mobile iVMS app. Is this the case if I attach the camera directly to a POE router, without a Hikvision NVR? Also, will PTZ work through the iOS/Android iVMS apps in this scenario?

Finally, can I watch recordings through the desktop or mobile iVMS apps?

Thanks

Bigboboz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera will work through the iVMS mobile app without a NVR. Does for me.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hi klasipca, thanks for this useful post! I have a question I asked in one of the other V2 threads - you mention viewing the camera works in mobile iVMS app. Is this the case if I attach the camera directly to a POE router, without a Hikvision NVR? Also, will PTZ work through the iOS/Android iVMS apps in this scenario?

Finally, can I watch recordings through the desktop or mobile iVMS apps?

Thanks
I don't know anything about iOS and which apps to use, the cam will work anywhere where Hikvision cam would normally work though.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
so yours is 1.3 MP? I will clarify this information pertains to 2.0 MP version.
Well, it's supposed to be the 2.0 MP version and the images/video output is 1080P....but the sensor listed in the Telnet menu is Aptina AR0130, which is actually a 1.3 MP sensor...

Either I actually do have the Sony IMX222 sensor and this information was entered into the menu by mistake....or either this is the true sensor I have and the ambarella chipset just upscales to 1080P (possible, as the action cams using this sensor typically upscale to 1080P)...Not really sure how to confirm what I actually have...

Of course, the Telnet feature was password protected, but a member here was able to crack the password allowing Telnet access that we (the users) weren't supposed to have. My gut feeling is that they are using (or at least in the past used) whatever spare parts they had on hand and the result was a lot of different "versions" with different hardware combinations. Perhaps these "hidden" menus of hardware specs were to tell the repair techs what specific parts the unit has or maybe to somehow instruct the firmware to handle commands differently depending on what hardware is included.

I'm a little concerned because we're all getting charged the same price, while some of us may be getting cheaper/inferior hardware. Could explain why some overheat after a month in the sun while others have lasted a year in the sun with no problems. Makes me wonder if some may have inferior internals that are more prone to heat damage than others? Guess that's the gamble we take when ordering these semi-generic brands straight from China; Never really know exactly what hardware is included and if it's the hardware as described in the ad when you purchase the unit.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it's supposed to be the 2.0 MP version and the images/video output is 1080P....but the sensor listed in the Telnet menu is Aptina AR0130, which is actually a 1.3 MP sensor...

Either I actually do have the Sony IMX222 sensor and this information was entered into the menu by mistake....or either this is the true sensor I have and the ambarella chipset just upscales to 1080P (possible, as the action cams using this sensor typically upscale to 1080P)...Not really sure how to confirm what I actually have...

Of course, the Telnet feature was password protected, but a member here was able to crack the password allowing Telnet access that we (the users) weren't supposed to have. My gut feeling is that they are using (or at least in the past used) whatever spare parts they had on hand and the result was a lot of different "versions" with different hardware combinations. Perhaps these "hidden" menus of hardware specs were to tell the repair techs what specific parts the unit has or maybe to somehow instruct the firmware to handle commands differently depending on what hardware is included.

I'm a little concerned because we're all getting charged the same price, while some of us may be getting cheaper/inferior hardware. Could explain why some overheat after a month in the sun while others have lasted a year in the sun with no problems. Makes me wonder if some may have inferior internals that are more prone to heat damage than others? Guess that's the gamble we take when ordering these semi-generic brands straight from China; Never really know exactly what hardware is included and if it's the hardware as described in the ad when you purchase the unit.
There could be differences in hardware, my 1st v2 looks different internally then the later one, but in terms of image quality they are identical. Btw, there is a big a jump from AR0130 and IMX322 image quality/clarity:

0:30 seconds vs 1:25 seconds

alexsey

n3wb
Reaction score

Hey! I have one of the Imporx ptz ip camera today suddenly it reboots and i cannot login anymore ,but i still be able to see it online , could you please tell me telnet password ?

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there again. Have not been here in a while. But I have a problem. This is going to sound like the dog ate my homework story. But really, my pit busted my external power supply that I have been using since mid 2016 with my Imporx mini PTZ PoE camera. I have been using:
Mothca NAC-2 AC 100V-240V led indicator Power Converter Adapter DC 12V 2A CCTV Camera IP Camera Power Supply US plug 2000mA,power adapter with LED Lig
I got it on Amazon. Now Amazon does not sell that anymore. About the closest thing I can find to replace it is:
EWETON Security Camera Power Adapter 12V 2.5A 100V-240V AC To DC 2.1x5.5mm w/ 4-Way Power Splitter Cable FCC Certified LED Power Adapter Transformers-Fits Analog/AHD DVR/Camera, RGB LED Strip Lights
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2VGS7Y/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

The original one that I have been using was just 2A with 2000mA

The one I am looking at now is 2.5A with 2500mA. Will that burn out the camera supplying to much power?

Thank You.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You're confused. You say "2A with 2000mA" but those are both the same spec. "2 amps" is the same as "2000 milliamps".

Voltage needs to be the same between the power supply and the device being powered. However the amp rating can be higher (or equal) on the power supply and the device will only draw what it needs.

E.g. if your camera requires 12V 2A then you could use a power supply that is 12V 2A or 12V 2.5A or 12V 3A etc. If you had a 12V 4A power supply then you could power two cameras with it.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're confused. You say "2A with 2000mA" but those are both the same spec. "2 amps" is the same as "2000 milliamps".

Voltage needs to be the same between the power supply and the device being powered. However the amp rating can be higher (or equal) on the power supply and the device will only draw what it needs.

E.g. if your camera requires 12V 2A then you could use a power supply that is 12V 2A or 12V 2.5A or 12V 3A etc. If you had a 12V 4A power supply then you could power two cameras with it.

Thank You so much for the information.