quailty on tablet

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i viewed a hikvision 2120 cam on a lg g pad 7 tablet.using hikvision app.the video quailty was pixelated.is the pixelation because of the video processor of the tablet?

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your camera broadcasts 2 streams. A high quality 'main stream', this one is used for recording. And the second 'sub stream', is used for viewing on mobile devices. Because the substream is low quality and it doesn't use much data.

If your video quality is pixelated, you're probably viewing the low quality sub stream

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
interesting.there's no way to improve the quailty? on the android tv box connected to the 55 inch tv the video quailty looks hi def.

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can tweak the stream quality in the camera software, and in most apps you can choose the prefered stream chanel: 1=MainStream, 2=SubStream.

I use TinyCam Monitor Pro to view my cams

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can tweak the stream quality in the camera software, and in most apps you can choose the prefered stream chanel: 1=MainStream, 2=SubStream.

I use TinyCam Monitor Pro to view my cams
You can change the image quality directly in ivms it's a small rectangle with lines in it and once clicked give image quality heading

There are 3 options
Clear, fluent and custom

Just click clear and your image should be good to go!,

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can also set the resolution, bitrate and framerate for the secondary stream in the camera settings. This can also help with the pixellation.