Query about camera's Rate(Mbps)

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Details of the security camera-NVR setup:
NVR (Dahua) = NVR5208/16-8P-4KS2E with six (6) (Dahua) cameras plugged in:
Ports 1,2,4 and 5 = an IPC-HDW5831R-ZE (8MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera)
Ports 3 and 6 = an IPC-EBW81230 (12MP Panoramic Network IR Fisheye Camera).

My question is regarding one camera plugged into a PoE port: Why is Port 4 camera giving a reading of 100Mbps (see picture affixed) similar to the cameras on Ports 3 and 6? Camera at Port 4 has no IVS setup.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I also didnt find the "Enhancement mode" to do anything.
Note Im not a networking guru so maybe Im missing something, but I got similar false readings and it would change from 100 to 10 for no reason

The wattage output is nice and seems reasonably accurate

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Note Im not a networking guru so maybe Im missing something, but I got similar false readings and it would change from 100 to 10 for no reason

Thanks again.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Turn the enhancement mode off on that port. That's only good if you're having issues with the connection. It's supposed to improve the connection maybe by dropping the speed but like @bigredfish said it doesn't seem to do much.

Not a big deal unless you have more than one camera running off a port which requires more bandwidth than 10Mbps.

Narcissus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turn the enhancement mode off on that port. That's only good if you're having issues with the connection. It's supposed to improve the connection maybe by dropping the speed but like @bigredfish said it doesn't seem to do much.

Not a big deal unless you have more than one camera running off a port which requires more bandwidth than 10Mbps.
Thanks. Already done.