Question: Trying to connect multiple Cams, through one ethernet, to multiple NVR ports... is it possible???

hdjdkkd

n3wb
Reaction score
you can definitely connect multiple cameras to one camera port on HiKvision NVRs. I do it all the time without any issue.

You just need to turn off the ‘plug and play’ settings in the NVR, and set the camera settings manually.

you’ll also need to manually set the ‘ip addresses’ on the actual cameras

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you’ll also need to manually set the ‘ip addresses’ on the actual cameras
I'm a Blue Iris VMS on a PC guy, no NVR but I think it's safe to state this regardless and just to clarify things for the OP:

When assigning unique, static IP's to your cams (or other devices), use IP's that are OUTSIDE of the DHCP pool of the router, should one exist on that LAN subnet. Most modern routers allow IP reservations but I got into the habit many years ago on customer's ISP-furnished modem/router combos that didn't provide IP reservations just to use IP's outside the DHCP pool and never had an issue. I usually log into the router and adjust that DHCP pool to suit my needs. As an example, if the router is at 192.168.1.1, I'd set the DHCP pool from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.199, which allows me to use 192.168.1.200 to 192.168.1.254 for my static devices.

Last edited: