Questions about transformer for DB11

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1st question - Would it be better for the Dahua DB11 to have a 16v 30va or a 24v 40va transformer. My DB is going off line randomly and I thought I would start with a new transformer. My transformer is 28 years old and is a 16V 20va. It worked ok for about a year with just a few offline but now it is very often offline.

2nd question - Is there a camera doorbell out there that works? I don't need any cloud Ring type, just a doorbell that rings my electronic chime and I can interface with on my iPhone and record on my NVR.

If I can't get this working then I am just going to put a camera at the front door and use a regular doorbell button.

Thank you,

M

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua specs for volts is 16 - 24vac or 12vdc / 24vdc, power < 9w.
Either transformer you listed will work.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes Sir I read the spec but was wondering if one or the other members have good luck with on the DB11.

M

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok some more testing points to transformer issue. Every time you ring the doorbell a few secs later it goes offline for a few minutes. I guess I would be happy with the doorbell if the transformer fixes the offline issue if I can figure out why every 4 secs of so the video picture blurs than comes back...

M

Update - I forgot to run ConfigTool after I reset the DB11. My bad, no more blur...

Last edited:

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI - DB11 working with old transformer just fine now. Amazon new delivery schedule I was able to canx new transformer. Seems that removing the SD card has worked wonders. Dahua are strange in that I had issues for over a year with their cameras and now that I have removed all the SD cards they have issue free.

M