Questions regarding SD49225T-HN

Donrtowery

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering buying the SD49225T-HN from
@EMPIRETECANDY

I had a couple questions, hopefully someone can help.

1.) Does the camera come with POE power supply?

2.) Does the camera come with a mounting bracket?

3.) Can the camera record directly to my networked PC, or does it require a separate NVR?

Sorry, I'm just getting into cameras. I only have 1 so far and it's just a cheapie (Amcrest Bullet).

Thanks in advance!

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

No. You need either a POE+ injector or a POE+ switch to power the camera. Note: Be sure you get POE+ not just plain POE. The PTZ requires more power than plain POE can deliver.

Yes. It comes with a wall mount arm bracket.

3.) Can the camera record directly to my networked PC, or does it require a separate NVR?

Yes (sort of). Your PC must be running software that makes it act as an NVR (i.e., Blue Iris) to record the camera.
Either that or you need an NVR. A PC running nothing to make it be an NVR will not record from the camera.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I had a couple questions, hopefully someone can help.

1.) Does the camera come with POE power supply? No Power adapter or POE adapter, have to buy 12V 3A Adapter or POE switch.

2.) Does the camera come with a mounting bracket? Yes, wall mount, PFB305W.

3.) Can the camera record directly to my networked PC, or does it require a separate NVR? Sure can work, but better use BI or NVR to manage it.

Donrtowery

n3wb
Reaction score
I see that the only signal system for this camera on the AliExpress site is PAL. Will this work for me being that I'm in North America or do I need to find an NTSC version?

Jedi2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

No. You need either a POE+ injector or a POE+ switch to power the camera. Note: Be sure you get POE+ not just plain POE. The PTZ requires more power than plain POE can deliver.

Yes. It comes with a wall mount arm bracket.

Yes (sort of). Your PC must be running software that makes it act as an NVR (i.e., Blue Iris) to record the camera.
Either that or you need an NVR. A PC running nothing to make it be an NVR will not record from the camera.

Or use micro sd instead of having a dedicated NVR if you are just doing recording occasionally like I do. The camera can support up to 128GB micro sd. I myself got this camera from Andy yesterday.

Donrtowery

n3wb
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me a giftcard for $150, so I decided to go with the SD59225U-HNI instead. I'm also going to order the Microseven M7WP-MI microphone. I've been seeing that people are using a separate power source for the microphone but I can't find any details about it. Some of these threads on these cameras are quite large. Can anyone point me towards an amazon link with a power supply that will work for the microphone?

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'm just going to go with a wall wart for the power source and extend it over 16awg, hopefully that will work.

Last edited: